No touchscreen after windows 10 update

Options
bcollins
bcollins Member Posts: 2 New User

I have been very frustrated with this laptop since the windows 10 update. It has become very slow booting (whatever i can deal) but the biggest issue is i have 0 touchscreen response. Can someone please help me with this issue? it worked great before but now there is nothing. I have tried restarting, deleting the driver and reinstalling, using the windows troubleshooter, calibration (obviously doesnt do anything because it isnt repsonding), hotkey. 

please let me know if anyone has any clue whats wrong with this computer.

r3-471T 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Did this all start immediately after the Win 10 update or has it been a while?

In Device Manager under Human Interface Devices, does the 12c HID Device have an exclamation mark?

Click on Update Driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer >Intel I2C Controller and click it to install.

SEE if this will do anything
    Open your Start menu, and type in Device Manager to search for it. Click on it in the results to open it. Click on the arrow next to Human Interface Devices to open up the drop down menu for it. Then find and right click HID-compliant touch screen. Click Disable. It will ask if you want to disable it because it may stop working - click Yes. Then right click again and click Enable, or Re-enable.

• bcollins
    bcollins Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

yes it happened immediatly after the insta.

I tried both of these techniques with no luck. 

in your first sugestion when i chose to look for drivers myself the intel is not available to use, just the compliant touch screen 

but both did not change tthe situation.

Thank you though :/

• scrambler
    scrambler Member Posts: 127 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

If the laptop is behaving badly since the update, you may want to revert back to 8.1 for now and wait for the next big release of windows 10 to retry the update.

If will also help confirm if the touch screen not working is really due to the update or if something actually went wrong with it.

• charriga
    charriga Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I've been looking for a solution for this too.  I've tried every suggestion I could find.  I don't know if this was just the magic last step or if the answer really was this stupidly simple.

Go onto control panel.  Switch to category view.  Go into hardware and sound and under tablet pic settings, choose calibrate the screen for pen or touch input. I chose touch and it started working.