Factory reset on acer aspire 5733z-4851 without reset disc

banewman1991
banewman1991 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2017 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

I have an acer aspire 5733z-4851. I have already backed up all files and documents from my laptop, and now I need to do a factory reset to restore it to brand new settings. However, I do no have the reset cd that everyone seems to keep talking about. So I need to know how to do a reset on my computer manually without the disc.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

ALT+F10 keys at boot will start Acer recovery process.

if this keys combo doesn't work, enter BIOS pressing F2 at boot and check if D2D is disabled, enable it then press F10, save and exit.

boot again pressing ALT+F10 keys

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • banewman1991
    banewman1991 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have tried this about 50 times... It just keeps completely booting up to my log in screen. I went to BIOS and made sure D2D was enabled and it's still not doing anything but occasionally making a really obnoxious beeping.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

which version of windows OS is installed?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Misty26
    Misty26 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a Acer aspire 5733Z my partner has locked my computer through the hard drive and lost his password , the screen is black with a blue box says enter password is there anyway I can access my laptop without the password 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Misty26---You can try to reset the machine to a factory-fresh state using the Alt+F10 recovery method. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jesssuttles
    jesssuttles Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the Acer Aspire 5733Z-4851 running Windows 7 Premium Home Edition. This computer was given to me but they didn't reset it or tell me the password. I don't have a disc and I've also tried to do the factory reset but it doesn't work. I tried doing F2 but then it comes up a blue box and says enter CURRENT password? I've tried the ALT + F10 and it doesn't change anything either. It just starts windows still with the same issue of not knowing that password. What do I do?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

>>>This computer was given to me but they didn't reset it or tell me the password.>>>

Who are 'they"? Ask whoever "they" are.

Jack E/NJ