predator G3-710 keeps freezing playing games

scottie-G3-710
scottie-G3-710 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives

predator G3-710 keeps freezing and stays frozen while playing games it done it before i updated the drivers and after i updated them.

can anyone help please

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi scottie,

There are a number of factors involved. We'd want to eliminate the easiest stuff first.

I'd start by looking at the games. Is it certain games? Are you playing any games where this doesn't happen? Next, are there any external peripherials that could be causing issues? Can we remove those things like printers, or whatever else and just doing mouse/kb/monitor/audio? From there, I'd look at the OS, possibly doing a full recovery to eliminate any weird issues with Windows or drivers. Finally, I'd start looking at hardware, and your local Acer support team would be the best to get things taken care of for you.

Hopefully it's quick and easy...but if not, I'm sure we can get it straightened out for you quickly.

Cory

• scottie-G3-710
    scottie-G3-710 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy i have tried all that already i did how ever get a notification in the bottom right saying AMD had crashed and rebooted

also it does it will any game 

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

So the AMD crashing is referring the video card. I'd start by downloading the driver off of our website and install this to see if it helps.

Here it is: http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_AMD_15.200.1055.0_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=635822165631290117&Step1=DESKTOP&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=PREDATOR%20G3-710&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Next, I would try updating the AMD driver off of the AMD website directly.

Next, I would try reseating the graphics card.

Finally, it might need to be looked at by our service team.

Cory

• 1966mdk
    1966mdk Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi have done evrything asked off me to try and resolve this problem,ever a factory reset,all with the same outcome,intermittent freezes,ive only had it 24 hours,so unhappy Smiley Sad

• Javaneh
    Javaneh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Im having the same issue ive had the pc 2 weeks and same stuff.. its getting old!! i know this is an old post and im wondering if there has been any fixes? it has all the latest updates.. im running Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb which i updated today because it needed it.. but this freezing/crashing whatever its doing is annoying as hell... please i hope someone may know a solution.. Cheers