V15 VN7-592G Nitro - microphone not working (Win 10)

Dundy
Dundy Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon

Hi,

I have recently purchased the V15 VN7-592G Nitro notebook and most things work fine but I cannot get the internal mic to work. I use the 64 bit version of Windows 10 that came with the notebook.

I have downloaded the most recent version of Realtek audio drivers from the Acer site but still nothing,.

There are the following two recording devices listed in the system settings:

1) Microphone [Realtek Definition Audio (SST)] - "not plugged in" 

2) Stereo Mix [Realtek Definition Audio (SST)] - "disabled" 

I have enabled the stereo mix just to try, turned up Levels to maximum but still nothing.

Could anyone help with this problem please?

Thank you!

Dundy

Answers

• Dundy

I managed to get it back to it's original state (as Windows first installed it and now I have the following three recording devices:

1) Microphone array [Inter Smart Sound Technology SST] - "Default service"

2) Microphone [Realtek Definition Audio (SST)] - "not plugged in" 

3) Stereo Mix [Realtek Definition Audio (SST)] - "disabled" 

Again, all three are at max level, nothing is muted and still. There is no audio being recorded in any app (Skype, etc.) and there is no audi gain show in Sound settings either.

Help would be very much appreciated!

• Dundy

Problem solved.

Not sure what solved it but even though the microphone shows zero "input" under Sound / Recording settings, now Skype and all other recording software work fine.

• Fujin
    Fujin Member Posts: 2 New User

How did you fix it? I have exactly the same laptop and exactly the same problem!! Any help would be appreciated

• Dundy

Fujin,

Wish I could help you but like I wrote I literally do not know what fixed the issue.

I have vague memories of trying to update or reinstall Intel and Realtek audio drivers, disconnecting my external monitor (some have built-in mics) and just somehow it started to work as expected and have not ever had that issue ever since.

My recording device is the Microphone Array (Intel SST). Try downloading the audio drivers from the Acer support page and see if that helps?

www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Good luck.