Revo build M1-601 - DisplayPort problem

TLatLango
TLatLango Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi. Just got a brand new Revo M1-601 in the door. I thought i would use it to display a couple of files continously on two TV's, using HDMI to one TV, and DisplayPort ( via DP to HDMI convertor ) to the other.
However the Revo does not seem to detect anything in the DP-port. The HDMI works like it should. Any ideas on what I should do?  Regards, Torstein.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Are you using an active (powered) DP port to HDMI adapter? If you are not using an active adapter, is most likely will not work.
  • kajimatsuda
    kajimatsuda Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the same problem, I'm using an active Displayport to HDMI cable for one monitor and a HDMI to HDMI cable for the other monitor. 

Ive updated the drivers and I can't find anything in the settings to change to multiple displays.

Please help!

• sbepko
    sbepko Member Posts: 5 New User

Same issue but with a DisplayPort to DVI adapter cable from Bytecc.  DVI monitor recognizes that "something" is plugged into it's DVI connector, but adds "no signal input".  BUMMER !! 

• sbepko

Took the advice above about getting an ACTIVE displayport to DVI adapter (Bytecc).  Sorry, Charlie, no joy.  So it looks like if you don't have an HDMI monitor (but just an "old fashioned" VGA or DVI monitor), you're probably S.O.L., Thanks, Acer...

Update - spoke with Acer support, suspicions confirmed.  DisplayPort only works with a displayport-supported monitor.  Now HDMI-to-DVI adapters?  They gave a robust "maybe...maybe not".  Sounds like they really have their stuff together.

[inappropriate content removed]

• sbepko

Still refusing to give up, I ordered from Amazon some HDMI-to-DisplayPort adapters.  Well, bless my soul, these do in fact work, my DVI monitor is now useful again.  Still **bleep** me off though that I can't use the DisplayPort for anything useful.  

[inappropriate content removed]