Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Aspire E 15 cannot connect to wifi

My laptop suddenly cannot connect to WiFi ("Can't connect to this network" error).  I run the Acer Care Center, and it says that my system is up to date (including the drivers).  I used Checkup to identify the problem, but "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".

 

The wireless network card is Qualcomm Aheros QCA9377. I went to http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and there are 3 Atheros drivers listed.  I don't know if I should install a new driver and which to install since there are 3 to choose from.

 

 

Please advice.  Thank you.

 

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

  • Angie1Angie1 Member Posts: 37 Devotee

    Hi! 

     

    Thank you for you inquiry.

    Must of the times when this happened the best we could try is to unistall the driver are restart the computer.

    You will be available to do this easily by accesing Device Manager on Windows. 

     

    Press the Windows key + X 

    Go to Device Manager

    Networks Adaptars 

    Right click Select Unistall

    Finally restart the computer. 

     

    Once you Restart your computer windows will restart the driver for you and you should be available to connect to WiFi

     :):)  Smile you don't when you are going to miss a tooth  =)=) 

    Like if you like my answer 
  • myrgoldmyrgold Member Posts: 5

    Tinkerer

    I uninstalled and restarted, but Windows did not restart the driver.  Now my laptop cannot detect the WiFi at all.

     

    What do I do now?

  • myrgoldmyrgold Member Posts: 5

    Tinkerer

    Accepted Answer

    I solved the problem by installing the Wireless LAN Driver (NFA435) driver (Ver. 12.0.0.102) available at http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers#_ga=1.265780556.217261961.1453001145.

  • Angie1Angie1 Member Posts: 37 Devotee

    Great! IS good that you're available to fix this issue! 

     :):)  Smile you don't when you are going to miss a tooth  =)=) 

    Like if you like my answer 
  • Sam960324Sam960324 Member Posts: 5
    I having the same issues here...but i cant unistall the network adapter...what should i do? When i right click it, it show properties only
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 14,524 Trailblazer

    Sam960324 wrote:
    I having the same issues here...but i cant unistall the network adapter...what should i do? When i right click it, it show properties only

    Go to Device manager, right click Wi-Fi adapter, go to Properties, uninstall it in Driver tab. You need to download the new driver from Acer support site(Link is in the previous posts.)

    Capture.JPG

    Please click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22060540
  • Sam960324Sam960324 Member Posts: 5
    But i cant connect the internet right now...which mean can i use another computer to download it then transfer by using pendrive?
  • Sam960324Sam960324 Member Posts: 5
    For my issues. The wifi adapter is totally missing...there only left eternal adapter
  • myrgoldmyrgold Member Posts: 5

    Tinkerer

    Your wifi moden should come with a cable that can connect your laptop to the modem (I'm sure you used it the first time you configured your modem).  Connect that cable to your laptop LAN port and the port on the modem.  You can then download the driver.

  • myrgoldmyrgold Member Posts: 5

    Tinkerer

    For anyone else who has this problem, make sure you download the new driver BEFORE you uninstall the existing one.  The download link is in my earlier post.

  • wigs0646wigs0646 Member Posts: 1

    Hi, I have read all the posts on this issue including the device manager bit. I'm also having the same issue and the link is not available for me to download this driver. I even tpyed it in manually in the addres bar. I upgraded to windows 10 about April and I don't know if that's affecting the reason why I can't get access to the link?

    Also this paid website called "Driver Support" with active Optimization has been prompting me for the last few months that I have 6 drivers out of date. The cost is £30.00 does anyone know if I should go ahead and do this. I'm so worried about 3rd party vendors giving my laptops a virus!

    What shall I do?

  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 14,524 Trailblazer

    wigs0646 wrote:

    Hi, I have read all the posts on this issue including the device manager bit. I'm also having the same issue and the link is not available for me to download this driver. I even tpyed it in manually in the addres bar. I upgraded to windows 10 about April and I don't know if that's affecting the reason why I can't get access to the link?

    Also this paid website called "Driver Support" with active Optimization has been prompting me for the last few months that I have 6 drivers out of date. The cost is £30.00 does anyone know if I should go ahead and do this. I'm so worried about 3rd party vendors giving my laptops a virus!

    What shall I do?


    My advice is to ignore these sites require money for driver downloads, you are better off downloading your drivers from acer site or the reputable vendors of your hardware.

    http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

    Please click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22060540
  • morningCalmmorningCalm Member Posts: 1

    It works perfectly. Thank you very much. It is amazing how the solution was that easy and simple. how come the manufacturer did not mention it.

  • multishannan07multishannan07 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2018
    my laptop is not showing my wifi signal but showing neighbors wifi and my phone and gf laptop pick up my wifi 
  • johnsedpjohnsedp Member Posts: 1 New User
    I installed windows 7 64 bit OS in Acer aspier e 15 but after the installation i face problem when try to install wifi driver. Please help i tried astro, braodcom, intel but no use still i can't install wifi.
  • SupArcSupArc Member Posts: 1 New User
    Angie1 said:

    Hi! 

     

    Thank you for you inquiry.

    Must of the times when this happened the best we could try is to unistall the driver are restart the computer.

    You will be available to do this easily by accesing Device Manager on Windows. 

     

    Press the Windows key + X 

    Go to Device Manager

    Networks Adaptars 

    Right click Select Unistall

    Finally restart the computer. 

     

    Once you Restart your computer windows will restart the driver for you and you should be available to connect to WiFi

    Thank you very much. My laptop now allows me to have wireless connections. Once I read the other comments I didn’t think it was going to work but it did and I appreciate it!😁
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category4

atatata
atatata
damianjomes
damianjomes
JordanB
JordanB
TestietFoot
TestietFoot

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer


Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos