PredatorSense issue and other problems

nRAGE
nRAGE Member Posts: 9 New User

Hello fellow Acer Predator users! I have come to you for help with very specific problems.

As a new owner of a Predator 17, I have some issues with the PredatorSense software. It shows the wrong processor frequency.Untitled.png

I installed the cpu-z software to show the difference.

Also, another problem is that the fans are atuck at +-3900 rpm from boot to closing which is weird.

Problem no.3 is the sound. I had to install an universal realtek driver for all 4 the speakers to work. With the proper driver software only the subwoofers were working.

And the final problem is the touchpad which is not always working and it desperately needs a driver fix. Thankfully I'm using an USB mouse.

I'm running win 8.1 x64.

I'm waiting for helpful replies.

Thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

do you have a g9-791?

are you sure about windows version?

by default new Predators have windows 10 x64

what's your PredatorSense version?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • nRAGE

This is the model: ACER Predator G9-791-73N7

It had linux preistalled so I installed win 8.1 x64Untitled.png

The PredatorSense version is 1.0.3001 downloaded from the acer siteUntitled.png

It worked without issues for days...then the problem appeared.

• IronFly

Did you update any drivers before this issue?

i would try to re-install Intel chipset drivers and Intel serial IO drivers

• I also tried Windows 8.1 on the Predator and it is not fully supported: the Microsoft precision touchpad is not detected and the NVIDIA GeForce drivers force the fans to maximum. If you uninstall the GeForce drivers the fans will return to normal, but then no dedicated graphics.

• IronFly

archuser wrote:

I also tried Windows 8.1 on the Predator and it is not fully supported: the Microsoft precision touchpad is not detected and the NVIDIA GeForce drivers force the fans to maximum. If you uninstall the GeForce drivers the fans will return to normal, but then no dedicated graphics.

i agree.

• nRAGE

so...I must upgrade to win 10 then for the thing to work properly...

• IronFly

i think it will be better a clean install.

• Windows 10 works well and is fully supported on this device or you can troubleshoot Windows 8.1.

• nRAGE

i'm not going to bother...i don't like win 10 so i installed 8.1...but if i must...

• nRAGE

UPDATE: After upgrading to Windows 10:

-touchpad issue: fixed (works at all times)

-sound issues:    fixed (no distortions in low and high frequencies as before)

-fan problem:      fixed (works as intened)

-PredatorSense issue : ONGOING (still shows wrong MHz)Untitled.png

I guess it still needs an update or some patches. 

• IronFly

on desktops Predators they released a new version few days ago, probably is coming to laptop too.

• Michelino
    Michelino Member Posts: 3 New User

printscreen predator sense.pngHey guys,

I've got a predator 17. For about 2 months or so now... Yesterday it got stuck. I had to shut it down by long pressing the power button. The screen went black. The only lights there were was from the quick buttons on the left. And about 2 to 3 button were lid. Everything else was not illumniated, including the screen.

After the forced shutdown, my fan is also since boot at max. Checked almost everything on my win10 software. Tried the quickbutton a couple of times... 

Anyone an idea?

gr

Mich

• Michelino

And afther posting this, I've noticed my CPU temperzture is also zero?!....

• Try opening PredatorSense and clicking the gear icon on the top right side to open Configuration. Under Multimedia Mode Settings, select Standard. Then under Advanced Settings, uncheck maximum fan speed.

PredatorSense Configuration.png

• Michelino

Thanks for the reply,

No luck I'm afraid. I tried it, but has changed a bit.

I think I'm going to go back to the store with it...

• overdoze
    overdoze Member Posts: 1 New User

HAVE YOU HAD ANY LUCK? MY LAPTOP WENT BLACK SCREEN BUT WHEN I USE AN EXTERNAL SCREEN I CAN SEE THE DESKTOP . ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE PLEASE.

• nRAGE
    Clean install windows 10 and then download the drivers from Acer's official site
  • maybe you'll first download Nvidia and Intel graphics drivers. I personally suggest the current ones from manufacturers. Then you uninstall both drivers. After the reboot you first install the Intel and then the NVidia driver.

One question left for me: If you start the Notebook without the external display, you don't see the Bios? If not you better contact Acer support.