ES1-311 Ponter randomly freezes very frequently

rede96
rede96 Member Posts: 11 New User

Hi I have a couple of Acer Aspires E13 es1-311 and have the same problem with both. The pointer randomly freezes and I have to press fn+f7 a few times to unfreeze it. This happens so frequently, like every minute or so.
I have updated bios and drivers but still it does it. Can anyone help please?

Best Answer

• rede96
    Answer ✓

By the way I think I've fixed this now. The drivers weren't updating when I used 'update driver' from device manager. I had to hook up a temporary usb mouse and then uninstall the pointer drivers, restart and install the update drivers.  This seems to have worked.  

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi rede96

For both of them to do the same thing is strange! Are they doing it at exactly the same time, or is it random?

• rede96

It's random, no pattern.  I just bought the two laptops at the same time. I've noticed through task manager that it does it more when the cpu is in heavy use, so usually worse at start up. But other than that just random. 

• rede96
    Answer ✓

By the way I think I've fixed this now. The drivers weren't updating when I used 'update driver' from device manager. I had to hook up a temporary usb mouse and then uninstall the pointer drivers, restart and install the update drivers.  This seems to have worked.  

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Ah, great!

Incidentally, if your processor is a Celeron, that would explain the freezing when your CPU is in heavy use - it's an ideal basic task processor, & tends to freeze a lot when leaned upon!!