Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Battery plugged in, not charging

nightwyrmnightwyrm Posts: 6Member New User

Just bought a new Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-791G-76Z8 a  couple of days ago.  I've kept the laptop plugged in but the battery level has been dropping by about 1% per day.  The power charging light is always blue and it says "plugged in, not charging".  I'm running Windows 10 and have installed the Power Management update from the Acer Care Center app.  What's wrong and how do I fix it.

Thanks

Answers

• laurent_14laurent_14 Posts: 6,224ACE Pathfinder

Hello,

Have you tried a battery reset?

1. Disconnect the AC adapter.
    2. Gently insert a paperclip in the battery reset hole on the bottom side of your laptop.
    3. Reconnect the AC adapter, and resume normal use.
  • nightwyrmnightwyrm Posts: 6Member New User

Tried it but the problem persists.  I turned off my laptop and disconnected it  Pushed a pin into the hole and then reconnected everything and turned it back on.  It's still showing plugged in, not charging.

Do you see in the device manager:

• Batteries
      • Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Yes, I can see Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in the device manager.  I've already tried  the uninstalling it and scanning for new hardware method.  Still have the same problem.

Latest questions:

1. Have you load the default settings in the bios setup utility?
    2. Have you updated all drivers Win 8.1-->Win 10? E.g Chipset driver

1. Was not aware there is a BIOS setup utility.  How do I access it and what should I do then?

2. I'm not sure which are Win8.1 drivers and which are Win10.  What versions of which driver should I have?  If I look at the driver updates on the Acer Care Center, the only ones available for updates are for things like mouse, keyboards and USB things.

You'll find the drivers for Windows 10 on your Acer support.

First I would update the chipset driver or you can compare the version in the device manager - properties.

On the website, select your actual OS: Windows 10 32 or 64-bit.

About the bios setup utility, we'll see later.

Downloaded and ran Chipset_Intel_10.1.1.8_W10x64_A from your link.  Not sure if it did what it was suppose to do.  The driver versions of my CPU Processors are still 10.0.10586.0.  In any case, the battery problem persists.

Hi,

Apparantly one of the things did the trick.  My battery is charging now.  Just took awhile to get it going.  Thanks for all your help.

• jaytpcjaytpc Posts: 1Member

Im using a 1 month new Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-792G & for some reasons the laptop shuts off whenever I unplugged it & I can only turn it on when I plugged it in. However it shows that it's 92% charged (different % every time) please do advise on this & revert. Thanks

• sharky25ksharky25k Posts: 473Member Skilled Practitioner

Hi,

DId you try to do a battery reset. There is a small pinhole on the back of the notebook which will simulate a removal of the battery. You should push it for 5 seconds, after you turned off the notebook and disconnected the power. I am not sure if it will help or not.

If it will not be helpful I think you should check the notebook in a service center since it's just one month old.

• MexolotlMexolotl Posts: 3Member New User

Hi, since yesterday I have a similiar issue with my Acer VN7-592G.

It shows 0% Battery not charging. 

If I unplug the AC Adapter it is not going shutdown, only a battery warning but still running so it looks like the battery is still working ...

I have updated the Chipset Driver, AMT Driver, several times pushed the battery reset button...

Nothing seems to help, any suggestions?

• MexolotlMexolotl Posts: 3Member New User

Hi, now my Battery is working again.

I followed again this instruction here:

https://uk.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34842/~/internal-battery-reset#_ga=1.72247824.284422339.1456933668

Instead of 5 min, I left my Laptop without Power about 10 min. Than put the AC in and started, no success ...

I left my Laptop with AC plugged in over night turned off.

In the morning, I plugged AC off and started my Laptop (in battery mode) and now the battery status appears again.