touchscreen issue.

Options
TJV
TJV Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives

Hi,

When I tap the touchscreen the point that is selected is a few centimeters from where I tapped.

Hope you can help? My monitor is the T232HL.

Many thanks,

TJV.

Answers

• TJV
    TJV Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi,

I'm not sure if my post was clear. I can rephrase it if  needed.

Cheers,

TJV.

• InHomeGolf
    InHomeGolf Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi, I’m having a similar issue. Did you ever figure this one out?
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Options
    TJV 
    InHomeGolf 
    Please perform a power reset on your monitor.
    Disconnect the power, video and USB cable. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
    Reconnect the power video and USB cable. Power On the monitor and check the issue.
    Make sure you are using the USB 2.0 port to plug in the USB cable on your computer.

The closest fix to rebooting the entire computer, which should have been your very first step, is turning the touchscreen off and back on.

>>Windows troubleshooting tool
    The Windows troubleshooting tool could be the quick and easy fix to any problem with your touchscreen.
    Open the Control Panel. Select Troubleshooting. Click Hardware and Sound. 
    Select Hardware and Devices to open a new dialog. Click Next and Windows 10 will detect and repair the problem automatically.
    The tool will automatically detect issues and then repair them. 

>>Disable and Re-enable the Touchscreen
    Press CTRL + X and select Device Manager. Left click the arrow next to Human Interface Devices to open the dropdown. Right click the listing for HID-compliant touch screen and select Disable. You’ll be asked to confirm this, so click Yes. 
    You now need right click the listing again, but this time select Enable. This is one of the simplest solutions, but it doesn’t always work. 

>>Update the Drivers
    Open Device Manager still open, right click the HID-compliant touch screen and select Update Driver Software. You’ll want to Search automatically for updated driver software. This will scan Microsoft’s database for any updates available for your touchscreen device. Follow the wizard through as necessary, then restart and see if your problem is resolved.

>>Rollback the Drivers
    For this, again in Device Manager, right click the HID-compliant touch screen and then select Properties. Then switch to the Driver tab and select Roll Back Driver.

>>Touch screen calibration.
    Press Windows + S to launch your start menu’s search bar. In the dialogue box type “Tablet PC settings”. Open the first result.
    Navigate to the Display tab in the Settings and click Setup. Now a little window will pop up asking you which input do you want to select. Select the option of Touch input and proceed with the setup. Follow the instructions on the screen and navigate through all the steps.After all the steps are completed, tap the screen to see if it responds.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!