VN7-792G missing DustDefender and Coolboost

Options
AKSK
AKSK Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hello. I've bought Acer Aspire V17 Nitro BE this week. My problem is, that options "Acer DustDefender" and "Acer Coolboost" aren't showing in Acer Quick Access. I tried reinstall Quick Access, Care Center and Power Management many, many times with no effect. What else can I do to solve my problem? Thank you.

Answers

• AKSK
    Options

Now I did factory reset and nothing changed. DustDefender and Coolboost are still missing. It is some bug, probably.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

as re-install, do you mean downloading and installing from Acer support website?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • AKSK
    Options

Yes, I downloaded and installed it from Acer website.

• AKSK
    Options
    Thank you, but I have already updated BIOS (version 1.05). I had updated it before I did factory reset.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

i will highlight this......hang tight. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • AKSK
    Options

OK, thank you. Smiley Happy

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Can you launch Acer Quick Access and post a screen shot of what you see in there?

Also, can you provide the first 10 characters of your serial number, so I can confirm that this specific model supports those features?

• AKSK
    Options

1. There is the screenshot. Sorry for language, "Nabíjanie cez USB vo vypnutom stave" means "Charging via USB when the computer is powered off".

11.png

2. There are first 10 characters: NXG6REC001

3. Acer support for my country said me, options Acer DustDefender and Acer Coolboost are missing, because system starts this features automatically. I am sure this is nonsense, because on this page (http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35244/~/acer-coolboost) is written this: "This application is disabled by default. Use the following steps to enable Coolboost using the Acer Quick Access program..." and I have seen many pictures where were these options normally visible.

• AKSK
    Options

OK, I will wait now.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Thank you for your patience. It does not appear this product is a black edition product. Black edition products should have the words Black Edition written across the touchpad, and it should be labeled on the palm rest and mentioned on the desktop screen. In order for a product to be classified as black edition, it must have a 6th generation CPU and a GTX 960 or higher video card. I show your model shipped with the GTX 950, meaining it should not be classified as a black edtition. Do you see the text Black Edition written on your product? If so, can you provide a picture?

• AKSK
    Options

Hello Acer-Blayn. Sorry for inactivity. My shop, where I had bought this laptop stated, this unit is "Black edition". I phoned with them and they apologized for wrong information. So this unit doesn't have DustDefender and Coolboost... And I have to settle with that. OK, thank you very much for your time. Bye.

• jakenbake350
    jakenbake350 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

I noticed when I updated to the latest version (.3008 I believe) of the quick access tool that things went real bad. CPU usage shot through the roof when I tried to open it and many of the applications were missing or would freeze the computer up just like you described. I rolled back to the earlier version and have had no problems, but won't be updating. I'm on a V15 Nitro Black Edition.

• AvikDe
    AvikDe Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    HI inn my acer nitro 5 with gtx 1050 ti ,I used to have coolboost in acer quick access previously,but after i reinstalled quick access,the coolboost option seems to be missing pls help