Aspire One AO532h motherboards interchangeble?

HeidiZ
HeidiZ Member Posts: 6 New User

Have Aspire One AO532h-2588 netbook - will motherboard from an AO532h-2789 work in my unit?  Also, are the LCD screens interchangable?  Could not find specs on either netbook @ Acer support.

Asking as some manufacturers require EXACT model/part # for replacement/repairs....

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,049 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi HeidiZ,

The part number of your motherboard is:

Spoiler
    MB.SAL02.001MAIN BD.W/CPU.N450.NM10.W/O.3G
    France

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

>>>Asking as some manufacturers require EXACT model/part # for replacement/repairs....>>>

Which specific mfrs and replacement parts? Oftentimes, components can be identified on the board, eg if a synaptics v elantech v alps touchpad, broadcom v attheros wireless.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HeidiZ

Hi Jack - I was actually refering to a Toshiba Satellite where the LCD needed replaced and it HAD TO HAVE THE EXACT SCREEN to replace...as aposed to certain laptop "series" allowing some interchangable parts.  All my friends think I am their computer repair tech, so I try to fix what I can...usually get motherboards and or parts off eBay...have had pretty good luck so far - only one repair fail, and it was only because I could not GET a working mobo after purchasing (and returning DOA) SEVEN mobos for an HP NX6310....a brand new board was more $ than my friend wanted to spend...

If the ASUS site lists mobo specs and or model specs somewhere, please give me a link!  (I couldn't find info I needed so this is why I asked)   I realize components  can be identified on the boards, but I don't have the benefit of seeing this mobo before I buy it. Just know the models are the same AO532h, but different at the end 2588, and 2789.

I know the OS in the 2588 is Windows 7, and the 2789 is Vista - which is work-around-able....but what else?

• JackE

>>>If the ASUS site lists mobo specs and or model specs somewhere, please give me a link!>>>

ASUS and ACER are 2 different mfrs. I used to get them confused too! This is an ACER forum. I'd fairly confidently guess --- 8^) --- the motherboards, screens and easily replaceable parts (eg hard drives, ram modules) for the ACER AO532h submodels should be interchangeable with some differences being in hardwired components on the motherboard that I mentioned previously requiring different drivers.  

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HeidiZ

My bad....(ASUS?! lol) typo - sorry....so is there a list of motherboards for the AO532h, that identify the hardwired components that are present on the submodels?  I will disassemble the laptop again and obtain the mobo part # and make note of the components (2588) ....but could really use any information on the AO532h-2789.  

Jack, can you provide this, or?? 

• JackE

>>>Jack, can you provide this, or?? >>>

Or! 8^) However, I'm gonna check with one of our other community geeks who seems to know his motherboard numbers and stuff a lot better than me. Stay tuned. I'll ask him if he can take a look at this thread and hopefully chime in and lend his expertise.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• laurent_14

Hi JackE,

Here are the part numbers of motherboards for AO532h:

Spoiler
    MB.SAM02.001MAIN BD.W/CPU.N450.NM10.3G

May be there are others MB. I'm checking. OK there are only two MB (stated in the list).

@HeidiZ: Could you give me the first ten characters of the AO532h serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • HeidiZ

COOL!! Thank you, Jack...

1st 10 in s/n :  LUSAL0D277

(zero D two seven seven)

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hi HeidiZ,

The part number of your motherboard is:

Spoiler
    France
  • HeidiZ

Ok....thank you...I saw the reply to Jack that said the 532h only has 2 motherboards....not sure what the 3G is?  Or if it would cause the mobo to not fit in the case if I DID buy the wrong model...

so, based on what younsaid, I can confidently purchase one and know it will fit and work with the components....

Thanks to you and Jack....for solving my problem!!