CAN SOMEONE AT ACER RESOLVE WINDOWS 10 DRIVER ISSUES!!! R240HY

Options
C_Frank33304
C_Frank33304 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I typed 3 words and a slew of posts came up... those 3 words: WINDOWS 10 DRIVERS

Yes, Monitors use drivers too!! (Please teach your tech department something) and in August of 2015 Acer actually put a link to drivers for R240HY monitor for drivers... for Windows 8.1... you do realize millions had upgraded to Windows 10 by August of last year...

Can you please catch up, maybe make it into the new millenium and get some freaking drivers.

Best Answer

Answers

• C_Frank33304
    C_Frank33304 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

I Went ahead and solved problem myself... a hammer and a...

just kidding, I Bypassed Digital Signature Verification and the driver installed with no problems.

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

The article I used find out how...

• jhansman
    jhansman Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

Bravo! Worked like a charm (pun intended) in Win10. I am now running a dedicated driver (albeit for 8.1) for my new R240HY. Lovely display, BTW. Many thanks for posting this. And yeah Acer, can you please get your Win10 drivers out there for the millions of users who have upgraded?

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi C_Frank33304,

I appreciate you coming back to share with us have you resolved your issue. Unfortunately, monitor drivers don't do anything more than inform Windows of what the actual name of the display device is that is connected to it. Along with limited application, there are time and money factors involved in qualifying drivers that create issues. I am feeding this type of feedback so we can at least improve from a consistency perspective.

Thanks,
    Cory

• Dawnaj
    Dawnaj Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Well that is nice to know, and probably explains why there are no windows 10 drivers for bios. I wonder if acer let microsoft know which drivers are not to be used with windows 10? while microsoft installed the upgrade .

• acecumforum
    acecumforum Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

But how did you install it? There are no executables in their driver. And I don't see the monitor in Device Manager?

• AUnutt
    AUnutt Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Can anyone help?  I have a V203HV wide screen monitor.  It has worked fine until a recent Windows 10 update.  The problem now is that all displays from screen savers to programs stretch the contents to the point that circles are ovals and photographs are distorted.   I have updated the Win10 PNP drivers and looked for Acer Drivers for Win10.  I have checked the cables and tried all the monitor internal settings.   There is not a screen resolution in the display settings that correct the wide screen format aspect problem.