how to use/enable front cam on acer one 10

dev
dev Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

Hi, whenever i try to use the front cam, its stating that 'make sure the camera is connected and not being used by another app'.

What do i do?

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I'd start by opening Device Manager from Conrol Panel & look for a camera driver under Imaging Devices that is working properly. If not do you have something listed as an "unknown device" ?

• mayb
    mayb Member Posts: 5 New User
    On the control manager there are 2 listings that say camera sensor Unicam ov 2680 - one has the the icon with the ! but nothing happens when I click on it
    Thanks
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

You should be able to double click on it to get the properties up. There should be an error message.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mayb

Finally my camera is working perfectly - many thanks for everyones help!!

MayB

• billsey

Good to hear! What was the final fix?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mayb
    Microsoft also had some issues with my Outlook mail - While we were away they did a download then every thing worked! !!!
    I had been in touch with Microsoft.
  • flordeliz
    flordeliz Member Posts: 2 New User
    hellow good day i would like to ask what did you do to turned around your camera?
  • shosho
    shosho Member Posts: 1 New User
    dev said:

Hi, whenever i try to use the front cam, its stating that 'make sure the camera is connected and not being used by another app'.

What do i do?

• Gertie
    Gertie Member Posts: 2 New User
    I do not have an icon for the front camera

• Gertie
    Gertie Member Posts: 2 New User
    Gertie said:
    I do not have an icon for the front camera

• billsey
    When you bring up the camera app from the start menu, does it have the icon at top left that allows switching between cameras? Or does the camera app not run?