Aspire 5532, trying to flash BIOS

2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer

>>>What did I do to cause this problem?>>>

Maybe nothing. Do you still get an Acer boot logo screen on an external monitor? If so, try F2 into the bios. Check to see if it seems to be  identifying the hard drive and video adapter OK. Then F10 to exit and save settings. See if it'll boot up then after refreshing the bios. Report back.

Oops. I forgot you don't know the bios password. At any rate, can you even F2 to the bios password screen?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 71Chevelle
    71Chevelle Member Posts: 14 New User

I get nothing!  With external monitor or the laptop display, so I'm not sure what I did while trying to take the laptop apart.

• 71Chevelle
    71Chevelle Member Posts: 14 New User

Also, I can hear the hard drive spin up, the same with DVD drive, but I get nothing on the external monitor or the laptop screen.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer

Prolly a just a connector (either a ribbon or module) came loose or dislodged from the mainboard. Not unusual since it sounds like you got pretty far along in dismantling the system. Did you hear any bios error beep codes? Do you hear any sounds/melodies that suggests the operating system is in fact trying to load? I'd try to remove and re-insert the memory modules just to make sure they're properly seated.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ