Acer x34 G-Sync - monitor bezel coming apart after 2 months. Yours too ?

34fan
34fan Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2018 Archives

Hi x34 users Smiley Happy

I am enjoying my x34 for about 2 months already and just now realized a new problem.

The bottom bezel is coming apart on the left and right side. I am pretty sure that I didnt have these gaps when I received the monitor.

It doesnt seem to affect the monitor performance but for sure it isn't right. Maybe at some point the whole lower part comes off.

So I'd like to know if you do observe a similar problem or dont. Maybe it's just bad luck on mine.

Thanks a lot in advance everyone Smiley Happy

Answers

• Vandragorax
    Vandragorax Member Posts: 124 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Yes I do have this also.  I'm hoping that there are internal screws holding it in place at several stages along the front so that it won't shift any more than the few millimetres it has already.  I don't really find it noticeable besides on very close inspection, so let's hope it's held in place properly Smiley Happy

• fluidz
    fluidz Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    I noticed this on my x34 after receiving it back from Acer (panel replacement).. The gaps unfortunately leak coil whine when the monitor is overclocked to anything but 60hz.  This coil whine sounds like a whistle.  If I push the bezel against the screen, to make the gap smaller, the coile whine sound reduces. 

This makes me think that the way this bottom bezel has been implemented may be partially to blame for this whistle we are complaining about.
  • Rednalloc
    Rednalloc Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem but even worse on my x34a than the picture above. A small gap to the right of the logo which doesn't really matter but a large, about 3mm gap on the left which is fairly noticeable even from a distance. Any update about how it progressed? did it get worse? This seems like a design flaw that should have been easy to prevent...
  • wilkojames
    wilkojames Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited October 2018
    Ive had my screen for just over 3 months and a "gap" has opened up on both sides of the Predator logo... Has anyone had any luck getting it sorted out?