Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition maximum ram

ibrahimmousa90
ibrahimmousa90 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

This laptop have 4 ram slots, is it accepting 32GB ram ?

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

The system is Upgradeable to 16Gb of Ram

James

• ibrahimmousa90

But this this laptop have 4 ram slots ? I cannot put 8 * 4, BIOS will not accept?

• RevoMaxx

Sorry I could be Wrong... Can you give me the first 10 #'s of your Serial Number... The first look I found only 12gb installed upgradeable to 16 but then looking at a different model same name as you have stated says DDR4 16gb upgradeable to 32 so I am not sure. But this one says only 2 ram slots 

James

• ibrahimmousa90

Device : Aspire v 15 Nitro Black Edition VN-592G i7-6700HQ - 8 GB DDR4 - 8GB SSD + 1000GB

They are saying :Up to 16 GB of DDR4 system memory, upgradable to 32 GB using
    two soDIMM modules

I want to use internal virtual machine that will use complete 20 GB so what is the meaning of two soDIMM modules, it's DDR3 ram and I can utilize it for the internal VM ?

• ibrahimmousa90

Device : Aspire v 15 Nitro Black Edition VN-592G-7473 i7-6700HQ - 16 GB DDR4 - 8GB SSD + 1000GB

I want to use internal virtual machine that will use complete 20 GB so what is the meaning of two soDIMM modules, it's DDR3 ram and I can utilize it for the internal VM ?

• RevoMaxx
    That is the system that I looked up the second time. It does say that it has 2 slots and can take up to 32 gb of ram. Looking at your mother board for the computer it shows only2 slots....

Hope this helps some
    James
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

The specs say DDR4 only.  Don't try to use DDR3 or DDR3L.  Some Intel systems allow you to mix DDR4 and DDR3L, but since the specs don't mention that, you must use DDR4 only.  Or I should say, unless someone from Acer tells you it's ok to mix or use DDR3L, then you must use DDR4 only.

If you want 32 GB, then you'll have to remove the existing memory and buy a couple 16 GB DDR4 ram sticks. Smiley Happy

v15skylake.PNG

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • errickc
    errickc Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have an

Acer Aspire VN7-591G

It has 2 ram slots. Can I put in 2 16gb ram cards?

• errickc
    My laptop is a VN7-591G-792U. It currently has 8 gb of ram in one slot and an empty slot as well. Can I replace the 8 gb with a 16 gb and add another 16 gb? I want to go up to 32 gb.
  • errickc
    I have an a VN7-591G-792U black edition. It has 8 gb of ram with one empty ram slot. Can I replace that with a 16 gb card and add another? I want to upgrade to 32 gb of ram.
  • errickc
    Sorry for posting so many times. I kept entering my post then my computer would go to another screen and when I came back I couldn't find my previous post. I thought it got erased.