[E5-522G] No hosted network support after Windows 10 update

jkolaric
jkolaric Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello,

I have recently discovered some problems related to creating a hotspot via notebook. Things were working perfectly with Windows 10, but after the update in november/december I could not create a hosted network because apparently my network adapter [Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377] suddenly does not support hosted networks. I tried to search for Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter in Device Manager, but with hidden devices shown, I can't find it. devicemanager.PNG

I also tried updating the drivers for network adapter, but neither one of the available drivers from the official acer driver page does help. I tried to restore the system to a certain point before the critical Windows update, but each time I get an error stating that system restore couldn't be made. The next picture shows information about the network adapter drivers.

cmd.PNG

My question is, can someone tell me is this a problem related with Microsoft, or is it related to Acer and are those drivers compatible with the new Windows 10 update? Also, I would be very happy if someone could help me solve this problem.

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers