ACER Iconia One 8 B1-830 Power Issue

LSP123
LSP123 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi There,

Can Anyone Help ? I bought one of these tablets for my son for christmas. Almost immediatly the tablet has developed a problem where it just randomly powers off for no reason - even though it is fully charged. I have to reboot it and it sometimes takes a few attempts to get it to load. I now find that it will only stay powered on if the power lead is connected. Is this a known fault or am I just unlucky with this unit. I have logged a support ticket and am waiting to hear, but I would be interested if annyone as had this problem and whether there is a simple fix ?

Thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Give Acer support service a call or contact your seller for a warranty repair or a new device.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • LSP123

Thanks, the hardware reset proceedure that Acer sent to me did not solve the problem, Unit is being returned for repair.

• Miltoni
    Miltoni Member Posts: 4 New User
    Any update? Did theey fix your tablet? I have the same issue.
  • LSP123

yes it was a faulty battery from day one. I returned it and it was repaired and returned fairly quickly. All apps stayed in place so there was no need to restore it. Hope thats helps. LSP

• Miltoni
    Miltoni Member Posts: 4 New User

ok thanks mate. im gonna return my tab too. btw how many weeks/months did it take?

• LSP123

it took about 2 weeks, UPS picked it up and it came back fine.I logged a support call via my re-seller. Once I got it into the system there were no problems. Good Luck and BTW, tablet works fine now.