I can't use my physical keyboard on my Aspire R11, just the touchscreen keyboards. I've been able to

sassiam
sassiam Member Posts: 2 New User
use it previously, but somehow, I've locked myself out. This is a VERY recent purchase, so I don't know the basic functions. I've looked, but can't find that setting. I bought this to write, so wouldn't miss the virtual keyboards if deleting those was the best option. Please help! Typing on these things, especially without a sliding keyboard, is a lesson on insanity, I don't need the instruction. Thanks, in advance, for any time, consideration, and/or answers!

Answers

• sassiam
    sassiam Member Posts: 2 New User

UPDATE: I saw, in another post, where someone had suggested uninstalling the keyboard and restarting the computer, this would reinstall it. Great idea! I tried it, it worked, for all of about 5 minutes. The keyboard stopped working when I was trying to log into an app, in the middle of typing in my email address. So, I guess I'm just asking for a longer lasting fix. UGH.

• ZenNettas
    ZenNettas Member Posts: 1 New User

Did you ever find a solution?  A long term one?  I just bought this machine late in 2016 and the physical keyboard just experienced a fail. A virtual keyboard is a nice limp through but not a friend for long term typing projects.  any help?