S7 392 Win 10 error code 8007025D

christwalter
christwalter Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi all

Tried the upgrade to win 10. Didn't work - afterwards the whole thing stopped working. No problem, I thought, I will do a clean install. That didn't work. Produced error code 8007025D and stopped at 19% at install from USB. Tried eRecovery, didn't work. The recovery I made some time ago doesn't work either. So I nuked the HD and tried for another clean install. Can't get rid of the Raid0 though and it still hangs up at 19%. Anybody have any thoughts on what to do next? I have done stuff like this plenty of times before and this is the first time the hardware defeats me - might be the whole Raid0 thing. Any help?

Chris

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

merging your 2 threads.

RAID0 is not necessary but for sure is part of your laptop nice performance, it's up to you but honestly i will keep it.

i have a question: when you create windows 10 bootable media?

did you use microsoft download tool?

one "quick" thing you can try, is to destroy and re-create the RAID0 array.

to do it, you need to switch UEFI to Legacy on BIOS.

once done, save and exit from BIOS, then press left Ctrl+i , this will enter Intel RAID configuration.

at this point, kill your actual RAID 0 array and create a new one, then exit Intel RAID configuration.

boot to BIOS again, set UEFI back, save and exit, try to re-install windows 10 from scratch.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • christwalter

Thx, for the input. But no dice. Did as you suggested - same error code. About the Raid though. Resetting it the way you described produced just one harddrive to write to in the win10 install menu. When i did the first round it showed two 128 gb drives now its one 256gb. But that might be entirely unrelated to the problem I'm experiencing. Maybe the current windows build (yes, I used the MS media creation tool) is faulty for this laptop for some reason. Am wondering whether I should do another boot stick using the Windows "N" version.

Any thoughts?

• IronFly

256GB is ok, RAID0 uses both 128GBx2 SSD to create a single SSD.

i have a S7-393 and i didn't have this error on a windows 10 pro x64 clean installation with latest build available.

Please try to create a new bootable media re-downloading the windows files and using another USB flash drive, maybe something is corrupted on your actual image.

• christwalter

I got it to work. You are going to laugh. I made a second USB stick via the MS-tool. It refused to boot from that at all. So I booted from the first stick and when prompted with the installation menu, swithched out the sticks. That did it. Apparently one stick was good for booting the other for installing...

thx for your help

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

You welcome. Smiley Happy

• Dean37104
    Dean37104 Member Posts: 1 New User

I had a customer that brought me a PC that the hard drive had crashed on. He had purchased a new hard drive, and wanted me to load Windows 10 on it. Every time I started the install, at the "Getting files ready for installation" step, the PC would pop-up an error with 0x8007025D error. Exact error said:

“Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570.”

I spent the better part of the day troubleshooting until I narrowed it down to bad memory modules. I changed out the RAM and it installed without a hitch.

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to share my experience in hopes that it may help someone else.

I reached this solution after deciding to try installing Windows 7 instead of 10 (that is what the original hard drive was running) and that install crashed with the same error. I dug through Internet forums and found all sorts of suggestions to fix this issue - everything from reformatting/replacing the hard drive (this was a brand new 2TB hard drive, and I had tried two other known good hard drives) to updating the BIOS (already done).

I finally stumbled on a site that suggested this error is caused by a memory misconfiguration, and suggested leaving only one stick of RAM in the first slot on the motherboard and trying again. Since I had extra memory on-hand, I just replaced both memory modules and tried again, and I was able to install Windows 10 without issue.