B1-710 stuck on "formatting data" screen after trying to perform factory reset.

Options
HackWeight
HackWeight Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

After occassionly freezing up on startup the past couple weeks, causing necessary restarts, the tablet entered a boot loop.  The last time this happened, about a year ago, a factory reset solved the problem. This time, however, the tablet got stuck on the formatting data screen. Now even when holding the volume up button along with the power button the system goes back to the formatting data screen and nothing else happens.

Is there any way to salvage the tablet or is this a probably a hardware problem?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

it seems an hardware issue to be honest but can be an OS/recovery corruption too if you are still under warranty, give  Acer support a call.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

it seems an hardware issue to be honest but can be an OS/recovery corruption too if you are still under warranty, give  Acer support a call.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • nrayment
    nrayment Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I have now started to suffer the same issue. A couple of weeks ago my tablet stared to intermittently crash and restart, or it locked up.

I've now put the unit into the factory reset option, but is stuck on this "formatting /data" screen.

As my tablet is about 4 years old, I take it that it's now defunct and needs replacement?

Thanks.