Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer V Nitro makes a strange beep sound

My new VN7-591G is randomly making a soft beep sound, coming from the right side (middle or lower part).
It doesn't seem to be the typical bios beep (as heard when we plug in or out the power cord.
It is much softer and irregular, but pretty annoying.
I am not able to associate it to any specific activity or procedure and the computer is just being used for surfing the web and office work.
If someone is experiencing the same issue or has any idea, I would welcome some feedback.
Thanks!

Answers

• pjenoypjenoy Posts: 42Member

i usually get that beep when i play movies and there is a windows update. After i update it seems to go away.

• carlorecarlore Posts: 13Member
    I have noticed the same thing! But the problem is that I get this beep also when the soud is off!
    And after the update it not seem to go away!
  • pjenoypjenoy Posts: 42Member

maybe its a driver issue, try reinstalling your audio drivers. and also you should try updating your bios. that usually solves most of the problems

• carlorecarlore Posts: 13Member

I have the last version of Bios, while not the last of Audio, so now I am trying to download Audio driver and I hope that will fix this problem, thanks

• FervidWhirlFervidWhirl Posts: 1Member

I have got today an Acer Aspire V Nitro 17.3. It also makes a funny noise. It comes and goes. It is constant and very quiet. Sounds a bit like a constant siren (could be a constant beep but not like the one from bios). Have you found any solution to that?