Acer Aspire 5535 black screen

Options
Fabius
Fabius Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm triyng to fix my Acer Aspire 5535. The problem is that when i turn it on the screen stays black, the fan starts for 1 second then it just stops spinning. All green leds, on power button and on bottom border, are on (green).

This happens both with and without the battery being inserted. The BIOS was yet updated long ago to the latest available version (v.­ 1.­04) without any problem.

Keeping pushing the power button for several seconds didnt help. I also tried connecting the laptop to an external monitor, with no result (so it's not a display problem).

I tested the two 2GB RAMs and they're both working (tested them on another laptop), same thing for the HDD.

So i disassembled it completely, cleaned it from dust, changed the CMOS battery, cleaned old thermal paste and put new one on the CPU and replaced the thermal pad on the GPU.

However nothing worked.

Now i'm wondering if there's something i could do to fix it, except for replacing the motherboard, which costs 80-100€ and it's not an option on a 7 years old laptop.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Fabius

You appear to have done everything you could. It sounds like the motherboard has failed.

• Fabius
    Fabius Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I really hoped i missed something, but it seems i have to give up. Smiley Sad

Thanks anyway for your reply!