Aspire R13 R7-371T 64bit touchpad drivers

jrosalyjrosaly Member Posts: 6

Hello everyone,

My R13 has generic microsoft touchpad drivers installed, which don't allow any advanced gesture, scroll functions to be configured, as I'm used to being able to do on the many other laptops that I've had with Synaptics touchpads. The drivers on the Acer support site, don't seem to install anything when you run the installer and when you try to update the driver manually and point it to the inf file, windows1064bit says the driver is not for 64bit systems. Does anyone have a driver for this model that enables the synaptics control panel for advanced configuration? The hardware IS is SYN1B7B. Any help is appreciated. Tanks.

jros

FAQ & Answers

• JordanBJordanB ACE Posts: 3,670 Pathfinder

When you try to install the driver from Acer's website, are you double clicking "dpinst" or are you doubleclicking "Setup" ?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jrosalyjrosaly Member Posts: 6
    I double click setup, and i also tried manually upgrading the drivers through device manager, and get a message saying the driver is not compatible with x64 os. A lot of people have reported this.