This device cannot start” Code 10 error in Device Manager after upgrade to Windows 10.

Options
gurpsingh
gurpsingh Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hello I have Acer Aspire E1-531 laptop upgraded to Windows 10 (Originally was Windows 8.1).

Recently I came across issue with my wireless adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR5B125. This device won't start in device manager and gives me error 10 code.

I tried following troubleshooting steps:

1. Try installing new drivers.

2. Run windows troubleshooter and that also points to drivers issue for adapter. It says to apply the fix and restart pc. I tried that and still no luck.

I am stuck now. My wireless wont work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

which drivers version have you installed?

have you tried those drivers 10.0.0.326?

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=1767&lang=fr

click on Telecharger, unzip double clicking the file, run the install/setup file.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • gurpsingh
    Options

Hi 

By default I had 10.0.0.225.

I tried installing 10.0.0.326 but still same issue.

Pls help.

• IronFly
    Options

have you uninstalled the old drivers before updating to a newer version?

• gurpsingh
    Options

Yes I tried both ways:

1. Installing over old drivers.

2. Uninstalling and installing new drivers.

• IronFly
    Options

you can also try to uninstall, reboot and check if windows update install different drivers.

probably there's a conflict with other drivers or windows service.

• Zairakhan
    Zairakhan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I think you need to update your driver. The this device cannot start. (code 10) issue occurs when a Windows computer’s audio device fails to start, leading to the computer not being able to play any audio. You can get over this problem by opening the run dialogue box and paste devmgmt.msc in the box. This will launch the device manager. Now click on the Sound, video and game controllers section to expand it. Locate and double click on your computer’s audio device (the High Definition Audio Device, for example). Navigate to the Driver. Click on Update Driver. Click on Search automatically for updated driver software and now restart. This should hopefully solve your problem. See for more https://appuals.com/no-audio-with-this-device-cannot-start-code-10-error-message/