AXC-115-UR20 only has blinking blue power button

Gumbo
Gumbo Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

We powered on the desktop today and it won't boot.  The power light continously blinks blue and the fan on the motherboard comes on, but it won't boot.  I thought it might be sleep mode, but we can't seem to wake it up.  We've tried removing the CMOS battery for several minutes while the machine was unplugged, but this didn't help.  we tried unplugging everything from the back of the machine, but that didn't do anything either.  Tried tapping the power button several times in a row to see if that would wake it up, but no luck.  Mouse and keyboard can't wake it up either.  Tried unplugging and then holding the power button for 30 seconds, then plugging back in but no luck

Does anyone know how to get this model out of sleep mode?  Hopefully that's the only problem with it.  Machine is running Windows 10.

Best Answer

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

Sadly they are there and I have seen them as cheep as under 50. Everytime I do I am always without money LOL. When I have the cash only ones left are the ones over 150 and just under 200 and for me I don't want to pay that for a replacement as I don't know how long it will last... I did tell my sister that the 600 she has now is hers to use and when the 115 is repaired I will just keep it for light use around my network of computers....

There are other boards that are out there, That can fit in this case.. Just remember that the 115 has 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front, and most other smaller boards that could fit don't so if you wanted to use the USB they would need to be converted to what the new MB would have for the Front USB....

Like say you went with 603G they offer 1 3.0 in the back and 2 2.0 in the front. But if you found one that was say the 605-UR11 that does offer the 2 3.0 usb in the font and more likely could be connected without conversion...

James

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi Gumbo

Well, you've already tried nearly everything I was going to recommend!

One other thing you can try is to use the jumper on your motherboard, which is usually located near to the CMOS battery (pictured here in blue, but may be white). The jumper may be labeled CLEAR, CLR, CLR CMOS, PSSWRD or similar. Make sure you've powered off completely.

Jumper.jpg

Once located, Move the jumper to the other two pins. EG, if the jumper is covering the first and second pins, move it so that it is covering the second and third pins. Be careful so that you don't bend the pins. Next, press & hold the power button for 30 secs to discharge. Now replace the jumper back to it's original position, and try restarting.....

• Gumbo

Thank you for the suggestion!  We tried that and it didn't work, unfortunately.  We even removed the CMOS battery before the 30second discharge, but no go.  We also tried unplugging the power to the HD and DVD then booting, but no luck.  There are no post messages, it just powers up to the steady blinking blue light.  The fan on the power supply is running as is the fan over the chip.  We tried a different power supply thinking that might be the problem, but no joy.  We tried a PS2 keyboard and then pressed F4 (which puts it in sleep mode/standby according to the manual, so we thought F4 might take it out), but that didn't work.  We tried a different brand new RAM stick, but that didn't work.  At this point, we're at a loss and wondering now if the motherboard is hosed.  Unfortunately, the manual doesn't give any information with blinking lights, nor could we find anything in the Acer knowledge base.  Any other suggestions you can think of to try?

• finlux

Hmmm!

It may be that the BIOS/UEFI is corrupted or, indeed your motherboard is hosed! Either way, there is not an easy fix as far as I'm aware of, I'm afraid.

Let me ask if one of Acers technicians can help.....

• RevoMaxx

Sadly I have a 115-UR20 with the same Issue....

I thought it may have been a Bad PSU, Gpu and after installing new ones of both it came as the same. I then removed the MB and looked over it and it seems that it may have over heated and burnt one of the tiny Transistors. I am not sure but that is what it looks like.. I have tried everything and all results come back to the Flashing Power button. ONly thing in testing that didn't yeild this, Was when I took everything out of the system. Reset CMos and then Turned it on without Ram. ONly then got a Single beep and then put the ram in, No HDD, or DVD or anything connected to the USB again back to only flashing Power light.... So for now I have it set aside and will get a Replacement MB when one comes up... It will be only used for Light Computing and will be on watch for Heat issues. I am not 100% sure what made it fail as it was in the care of my sister when it went out. So far the use of one of my XC600s she hasn't had any issues.

Every so offten I try and see if something tried in the past will make it change something But as for now I am calling my MB no good... IF you happen to find something that makes yours come back to life.. Please do post it as there seems to be a few with the PC that has the same problem with out any resolve...

James 

• Gumbo

Thank you for posting your experience.  I sure hate to hear that, for you as well as for myself.  I was leaning towards the motherboard or the chip being the issue with mine, and your post has pretty much cemented that for me.  I can't see any burn out on the board, but haven't taken it out to really look all over yet.  Been trying to find an inexpensive replacement board, but it's not easy given the configuration.  I definitely don't want to pay the kinds of money I've been seeing for an exact duplicate board. 

• RevoMaxx
    Answer ✓

Sadly they are there and I have seen them as cheep as under 50. Everytime I do I am always without money LOL. When I have the cash only ones left are the ones over 150 and just under 200 and for me I don't want to pay that for a replacement as I don't know how long it will last... I did tell my sister that the 600 she has now is hers to use and when the 115 is repaired I will just keep it for light use around my network of computers....

There are other boards that are out there, That can fit in this case.. Just remember that the 115 has 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front, and most other smaller boards that could fit don't so if you wanted to use the USB they would need to be converted to what the new MB would have for the Front USB....

Like say you went with 603G they offer 1 3.0 in the back and 2 2.0 in the front. But if you found one that was say the 605-UR11 that does offer the 2 3.0 usb in the font and more likely could be connected without conversion...

James

• finlux
    Just an update. Acer Justin has kindly confirmed that it is likely to be the motherboard.... just as we thought!
  • Gumbo

Thanks so much finlux!  I appreciate you touching base with Acer technical and all your input. 

And thank you, too James.  Your suggestions and experience with this partircular motherboard in regards to replacing it and what to look for were very helpful.

• finlux

Thanks Gumbo, and let us know how you get on!

• isto
    isto Member Posts: 2 New User

We have about 30 Aspire XC-115 computers and now suddenly after some Windows 10 update seven of those computers are having this problem. Can anyone help? I can't start them anymore or access BIOS in any way, the power button is blinking all the time and there is no method to get any display output from the computer.

• isto
    isto Member Posts: 2 New User

The exact model is AXC115_W, they came with Windows 8.1 and they have been functioning fine with Windows 8 and after that with Windows 10 until this update didn't success and ended with a sad smiley, after that windows tried to recover earlier version but it apparently failed and the computer restarted to BIOS with some UEFI error. Restart brought this error every time back, no matter if default settings of BIOS were loaded. After shutting down the computer completely it doesen't start anymore. We have tried to remove the battery and reset BIOS from the motherboard, but it doesen't do any good.