Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

NO THERMAL THROTTLING BUT HIGH GAMING TEMPERATURES FOR VN7 591G 78SG

So, i just recently repplied the thermal paste for my nitro, the only changes that i had noticed is there is no THERMAL THROTTLING during gaming sessions but still i get high temperatures 70-96 degrees celsius depends on the game i am playing and the settings for the aforementioned. Is this normal? Anyhow i was not the one who applied the thermal compounds i had gone to an authorized acer service center for the aforementioned.

Shall i tinker with the said fans and use intel xtu for undervolting? i have also a cooling pad which is perfectly angled to the intake for my laptop.

The said temperatures only happens when i switch from balanced ( underclocked no turbo boost ) to high performance ( with turbo boost ) Is this normal? Should i be alarmed? And even thou i get high temperatures, i have no thermal throttling issues. But when i use the battery there i can observe the said thermal throttling, i used intel xtu for the said observation. but when i plug in the chord the thermal throttling seems to disappear.

FAQ & Answers

• pjenoypjenoy Posts: 42Member

rather my question is should i be alarmed?

This only happens when i switch my power plan from balanced to high performance...

• BozzyBozzy Posts: 44Member

These laptops are awesome but they only use the fans at 60% which is a balnce by ACER between noise and cooling.

Get hold of Notebook Fancontrol, and have a look at a few of my earlier posts. It was one of the items I adressed to get my laptop running a lot cooler.....

Thanks, yeah gaming sessions for my laptop as of late are awesome but i am alarmed with the high temps, anyhow i always play with the fans tinkered, currently using rw everything. It seems to lower down the said temps to 3-5 celsius. Anyhow thanks for the reply