R14 touchscreen issues - constantly 'touching'

emily082emily082 Member Posts: 2

Hello!

I've been having issues with my touch screen. Every once in a while it seems as if the screen is constantly being tapped. It starts of just to the left of the clock (language area) and does a straight line up. I can see the feedback of where it's being 'touched'. 

The issue is very intermittent, and is often solved by restarting the computer. I'm on winter break from school right now and I don't want it to happen midway through a paper and end up losing everything!

I've also tried resetting the computer as per acers advice via phone but that didn't solve the issue.

i took a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qpPrYbL3go&feature=youtu.be

edit: running windows 10, bought the laptop in September so it is pretty new.

FAQ & Answers

• -Justin-Justin Member Posts: 2,362 Seasoned Practitioner

emily082,

It looks like you might have a defective digitizer, repair would be your best option. You can give Acer a call and they can set that up for you, or you can send me a private message with the following information and I can set it up for you:

SNID or serial number: 
    Contact name: 
    Contact number: 
    Email address: 
    Shipping address: 
    Purchase date: 
    Symptoms: Screen appears to be getting tapped in one spot without getting tapped.

• emily082emily082 Member Posts: 2

Hi Jusitn,

I already contacted Acer and their only suggestion was to do a reset, which I had done and it didn't resolve the issue. Should I bring it into the store I purchased the item (best buy) first?

• -Justin-Justin Member Posts: 2,362 Seasoned Practitioner

emily082,

It is up to you, my preference is obviously to have our repair techs look at it for you. Smiley Happy