x34 and Consoles via HDMI - any known issues?

2»

Answers

• AceGamer
    AceGamer Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hi Tortri, is this reply directed at me for the auto stretching of HDMI input / consoles issue?  I tried this and didn't make a difference unfortunately. Smiley Sad

• Tortri
    Tortri Member Posts: 5 New User

It was towards anyone who needed help, but confused why getting this to work is inconsistant.  

I'm going to reset my monitor and try to recreate how I fixed it and hopefully it'll work for everyone else.  It's frustrated to get the XBox One working on this monitor.  

I love using the Aim Point in Rainbow Six Siege. 

• Tortri
    Tortri Member Posts: 5 New User

Well go figure.  I reset my x34 and my XBox One (keeping games and apps) settings and it still works. (womp womp)  (In case it might help I did reset the monitor settings while the XBox was on)

What I do remember, I was able to get hdmi input to recognize but it wasn't displaying, then doing the disabling/re-enabling game mode got it working.

Try this and see if it works.

Go to All Settings

Go to TV & OneGuide

Select Device Control

if you have a TV Set click it and remove TV.

reboot the xbox and monitor and try selecting HDMI input.  Afterwards switch between game mode on the monitor.

In case you want to know any of my other settings,

Video output, TV resolution 1080p, TV connection Auto-detect, color depth 24 bits, color space PCRGB.  Don't have Allow 50Hz on or the others.

Audio output, HDMI audio Stereo uncompressed, optical audio off.

Device Control I have No Devices set, no TV, no Audio Receiver nothing.  

Hope all this helps anyone trying to get that XBox One working on the awesome x34!  The Aim Point helps a lot in games!

-Curt

• AceGamer
    AceGamer Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Thanks Tortri for all this, though there never was an issue connecting my PS4 to the x34.

The problem is the HDMI input is faulty when it comes to correctly scaling a 16:9 picture on the monitor via HDMI. Basically it stretches the image by 8cm wide on this particular screen.

From my understanding, this applies to all external HDMI connections unless there's a software scaling correction built-in within the system (like on Windows OS). So I think you might be suffering the same issue and I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case.

I can't believe how these companies get away with these incredibly abysmal OSD options, I mean how hard would it have been to implement a proper scaling option so that you could stretch and correct the image scaling to any direction one would desire.

I will post some pictures to showcase what the problem is, and would love to know if your Xbox One is actually a 27 inch 16:9, or if it's a stretched 29 inch like it is in my case.