Predator 8 Tablet Issues

Syncrogue
Syncrogue Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello all.  I am new to this forum.  Apologies if I posted to the wrong forum.  Not sure if this should be going here or tablet forum...  

I bought an Acer Predator 8 tablet last week.  I am historically an IOS user so making the switch has been a little challenging...  To add to this, I have had multiple issues with my tablet up to now which hasn't made the transition very enjoyable.  When you buy something at a premium, you expect it to work extremely well.  I do not have that feeling at all.  

The first thing that surprised me when I logged into the game I play, Summoners War, my guild name does not display properly.  The guild name uses the Unicode biohazard symbol.  It seems Acer did not include this Unicode symbol in their customized android OS.  The Unicode character displays as a crossed out box.  I don't have this issue on any of my iOS devices and none of my Android using friends have this issue either.  

Next, the heat is unbearable.  I usually play this game for a couple hours at a time.  First the device gets unbearably hot.  Second, the battery usually drains quite quick too...  And third, as the device gets hotter and hotter, I experience skips in the display...  I've never seen this on iOS devices but apparently this seems to be more common on low quality or older Android devices.  

Another major issue I experience is display recording.  Every app I tried gives an "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped" error.  So, I can't even record the battles in my game.  The recommendation on multiple android forums, is to clear the cache partition.  But when I finally figured out how to get to the system recovery settings, the cache partition is not clearly indicated, so can't even try this.  

Last, there is no information anywhere on this tablet.  Is anyone actually buying these tablets?  Did I completely waste my money ?  It would be 10x's more encouraging if there were others talking this tablet, positive or negative, but don't see it anywhere.  Maybe there is a chance that it is working perfectly fine for others?  Somehow I doubt it.  

Up to now, my usage is quite limited and it is amazing that I have so many issues.  I hope one way or another these issues can get resolved by Acer.  

[inappropriate content removed]

Answers

• Syncrogue

My tablet got an update today.  I am not sure what was even updated as there were no notes...  Since the upgrade, wifi craps out from time to time.  Fortunately a reboot resolves this issue but what an inconvenience....  

I did some comparison with my wife's iPad mini (first gen).  Although the device in general is so much slower, my Summoners War game plays so much better.  All the animations in the game are just so much smoother.  Considering the improved hardware of the predator I am in complete disbelief.  

With all all the disappointment in this tablet, I am almost to the point of selling it off.  If I did take this approach, I am considering ordering an Nvidia shield k1 instead.  Does anyone here have any first hand experience with the two tablets?  

• Syncrogue
    Since the last post, Wifi craps out all the time now.
    If i could do it all over again, definately would avoid this tablet.
  • Chiller
    Chiller Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

A new Android and UI always needs some updates for fixes.

Clearing cache is A standaard option in settings.

If yiu are so much A fan of IOS Why you buy an Android if you cant work with it?

Instead of posting here IOS is god and Android is *****?

• LorDiegA
    LorDiegA Member Posts: 2 New User

have  been having these issue also having system ui stopped error is acer doing something about these problem an update to solve these issue would be very good

and anyone know how to root this tablet

[word filter avoidance]