Back light bleed or IPS glow on new Predator X34

justjmb
justjmb Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

purchased a new X34 through Amazon.  Upon setting it up today I'm noticing how bad the BLB is.  pIt's possible it's IPS glow.  Please see the picture.  Is this amount of BLB normal for this monitor?  It seems excessive.  I've turned down the brightness quite a bit but it does little to help.

PS - accidentally posted this in the monitor forum.  Didn't realize there was a Predator forum.

IMG_0901.JPG

Answers

• Vandragorax
    Vandragorax Member Posts: 124 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Different people are sensitive to different amounts of IPS glow, but yes it's normal across all IPS panels regardless of manufacturer.

I have about this same level of glow on my panel, but honestly I do not even notice it when I'm watching movies, playing games, or just looking at the desktop.

The ONLY time I can notice it, is during the monitor bootup sequence, or occasionally when there is some kind of loading screen for a game where the image hasn't appeared on the screen yet (so there are no pixels being displayed) but as soon as an image comes up, even a black one, I don't notice the glow anymore.

Does it cause you any bother during every day use, or is it also just on the screen bootup etc. for you too?

Vand.

• justjmb
    justjmb Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the reply.  It actually doesn't bother me too much.  I just wanted to know if it was normal.  The screen is really pretty nice otherwise.  Didn't have any trouble getting up to 100hz and don't have some of the other problems that people talk about.

• Prophecy
    Prophecy Member Posts: 2 New User

I was directed here from a similar post.  Taking pictures looks similar to your picture with my screen, but of course the camera over exposes the glow, in actuality it's not nearly that bad (unless yours really is).

My biggest issue I have with the glow are the corners.  Of course using a black background severely shows the ISP glow, but sometimes in normal games when areas are darker I can clearly notice the ISP glow in the far corners.

I'm guessing this is just normal for ISP screens and the ultrawide variety.  Other than that, everything else looks beautiful and I have no issues with anything else.  There is very minor BLB on the bottom right, but not noticeable unless you really look at it up close, I guess I should consider myself lucky.... but man.... that ISP glow is wicked and nasty in the corners on black to dark colors.