aspire z5710 CMOS battery location

Does anyone know where it is located on the motherboard?

Also what type of cell battery is it?

Answers

• Hello,

The RTC battery model is:

Lithium rechargeable battery - Mitsubishi CR2032 - 2.5-3.0V - 210mAh

I'm searching ...

France
  • mojothethird
    mojothethird Member Posts: 5 New User

Thanks for that info.

Did you find the location?

• Hello,

I found the information but I have no picture. The RTC battery is located behind the motherboard.

France
  • RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

You may want to note that the Battery on that model isn't user Replaceable and one reason it isn't easy to get to.... 

If you need to change it because it won't take charge from your system that is installed to keep it fresh, You will have to be able to remove loads of connections from your system. Almost everything on your computer will have to be removed to get to the other side of your MB. This will also require you to remove the Fans, Heatsinks from your CPU and then when you reinstall will need to clean an reapply some Thermal Grease

I haven't been in one for along time 2 or 3 years now. but if I can remember right you will need to remove somewhere around 35 to 40 screws and 17 or 18 connections from the MB and case. This also includes removing some tape that holds down wires that connect to different things on the MB. If you don't have a ESD Strap and mat I would say it is important to get one. Also if you don't know how to Solder, I am not sure that you would want to try and take on this job as well... 

It is your system and you can do what you like. But I think there is loads of things that can go wrong. Even being careful and trying to put it all back something could have been forgotten and then it all has to come back out again. I would take lots of Pictures of your system if you do tackle this. refer to them as you progress. Maybe if you have a Cam and Tripod I would maybe set it up and record what your doing as a way to refer. I mean Pictures are like 1000 words but if you take a picture little to one way or the other it could lead to a mistake... Lucky for me I don't have any friends with any of these systems now days so with any luck I won't have to open another... Change out Ram or even the HDD no problem. Ram much easier then the HDD but once you get into the inside protective plate that once removed exposes the MB I want to avoid. 

Good Luck

James

• mojothethird
    mojothethird Member Posts: 5 New User

cmos battery under the motherboard.

what a brilliant pice of engineering.

My system has problems resuming from standby and as of last week wifi adaptor has disappeared. On some reading I saw that it could be related to cmos battery not charging up properly.

• Bam
    Bam Member Posts: 1 New User
    It is almost as bad as you say. The. Soldering iron wasn't necessary on the one I'm doing but did need insulation tape. Now trying to work out which size screw for which hole. I normally keep order but got away from me with this one.
  • Zhou
    Zhou Member Posts: 1 New User
    searched the world for info, all useless. then decided to try myself. hear me clear, it is a normal button CR2032 litium, at the back of motherboard, very easy to replace after taking the effort to open the whole set.
    Lament on Acer's poor support/info, and foremost the weird design. Perhaps it is designed not for last and disposal after a few years of service. Except the screen, everything is fine still, esp. when adding an SSD. 
  • Cashmanian
    Cashmanian Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just replaced the CMOS battery - thanks for all the advice, especially where to find it!. Good opportunity to clean out the fans! Keep all the screws carefully separated and have some thermal paste on hand for the CPU but really, not a problem.