Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Aspire E5-573G USB 3.0 "Power Surge on the USB Port" with nothing plugged in

karatekidmonkeykaratekidmonkey Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

I know that I will not get a straight answer here from the Acer support "professionals", but I guess I should try...

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 (about 3 months ago) and it's been working fine, however I greatly regret the upgrade now because I'm continuously getting "Power Surge on the USB Port" errors with nothing plugged in. If I close the little notification thing, it pops up again a millisecond later. If I click on the "Reset" or "Close" buttons, the alert pops up again.

Also, if I plug anything into a USB 3.0 port, absolutely nothing happens, as if I hadn't even plugged it in. It takes a reboot to get it to recognize it. This is a big pain considering that I travel a lot and most of my work is saved on flash drives.

Funny thing is, when I plug something in that is powered (I used my Samson Go Mic USB) the error no longer happens. However, when I plugged in an external SATA enclosure, the hard drive inside was not recognized.

I am willing to send in my PC for warranty repair between December 17th and December 20th.

FAQ & Answers