Aspire Switch 10 E - Screen keeps going back

Options
jesusperez
jesusperez Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

I bought this device through Amazon and it arrived last week. It worked great at first, but after 3-4 days it began malfunctioning. Whenever I slide the welcome image up to reveal the log-in page, the screen goes black. I press the power button, the screen comes back on, but when I try to reveal the device log-in page again, the screen goes black.. again. This happens about half of the time I power up the device. And now it's doing it randomly while in use. I know the device is still on because when I tilt the black screen, I can see that the lights at the bottom of the screen are lit up. One time, the screen went black but the audio of the video I was watching kept on going. Does anybody know what's wrong?

Also, if all else fails, is there a way I can return the item for a working unit or maybe a different product? This is my first time buying an Acer product, and it's a shame that it is malfunctioning right out of the box. Last thing, I didn't buy a warrenty...would that be a problem?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

You get a one year warranty from Acer so that shouldn't be a problem unless the seller sent you a used unit or something. Contact Acer support and they'll fix you up. It sounds like a hardware issue, likely a loose cable.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ERICKSILOE
    ERICKSILOE Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have the same problem, bought

Acer Aspire Switch 10 E , 500GB on Keyboard.

So sad, very bad product, im going to look for warranty. it turns off, hdd errors.

My other PC is an Aspire V5 .... cannot fix disk usage 100%

Never buy Acer again.

• Longlegs1
    Longlegs1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My Aspire Switch 10E was just blacking out earlier today after putting it on, not using it for about 2-years because I've been using my Apple iPhone for the internet instead. This is the first time that I have experienced this problem on this laptop. Eventually I managed to restart the laptop connected to wifi to update Windows automatically as it hadn't updated for a while and it seems like the problem has been fixed for me now. I hope this also helps you lot. 

• kuyalauren
    kuyalauren Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i'm experiencing same problem now