Can you upgrade the RAM on an Acer Aspire One 725-0884 with 2 GBs?

pellpell4
pellpell4 Member Posts: 1 New User

I just bought an Acer Aspire One 725-0884 and was wondering if you can upgrade the RAM. If so, I'd like to know how many slots there are and how many are being used.

Lastly, has anyone heard of the 725-0884? I bought it for 279.99 and I'm not sure if it's a good price... I think it's kind of odd that I cannot find this model anywhere including ebay and amazon.com. Infact, it's not even listed on the Target website (I bought it from a target store). Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

• gapotts
    gapotts Member Posts: 29 New User

Looks like one slot and it can take 4GB chips.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Aspire%20One%20725&Cat=RAM

You may want to run the crucial scanner to ensure it is the same for your specific model but that link is for the AAO 725.

FYI, I've upgraded these things (Acer Aspire One) long time ago and it's not for the faint of heart. I think I got everything out and then stripped a screw and couldn't finish. Maybe they've improved things since then (this was back in 2009).

• calonm89
    calonm89 Member Posts: 1 New User

I was wondering about this thing too. I got it at Target for $229 since they had it over the wrong price tag. They couldnt find a difference and the only thing I noticed was that it has Windows 8 and a C-70 processor and not a C-60. I cant find any info on the C-70 version. I dont get why there are so many versions of the 725.  All the 725's I find have 4gb with windows 7. Now why would they leave out 2gb but then add Windows 8?? Way too slow. I put XP on mine. Theres no bluetooth either. But all the other 725's have it. What a ripoff.

This discussion has been closed.