Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Aspire E15 ES1-512-C5YW keyboard has stopped working.

Problem occurred after laptop had gone into sleep mode after I left it on doing a virus scan.Laptop is out of warranty by 2 weeks.

On-screen keyboard works as does keyboard plugged into USB port. Touchpad is fine. Sticky keys window works when I press the shift key on the keyboard but all other keys are dead.  Driver appears fine and I have rolled back to the last two restore points without success.  I dont know whether this is a software issue or if the keyboard has actually died. The sticky keys working with the shift key suggests a software issue.

Any suggestions are welcome but please keep them simple as I am not particularly good at these things. I have restored from my USB stick before but that is just about my limits and I don't particularly want to go down this route again as I might end up in a situation where I dont have a keyboard that works to do the job properly.

FAQ & Answers

• -Justin-Justin Posts: 2,362Member Seasoned Practitioner

dr_feelgood,

If you used the USB recovery media and it worked afterwards, it could be an update of some kind that is causing the issue to occur later on. I know that is not something you are really wanting to do, but it does appear to be software from your description.

• dr_feelgooddr_feelgood Posts: 7Member

Hi, I just rolled back a couple of restore points.  I think I am going to have to do the full restore from the usb stick.  As the usb keyboard I am using appears to be recognised as soon as I turn on the laptop I think I will get away with it.  I just need to find a few spare hours to have a play around as the last time I booted from the usb stick it took forever.