Acer One 10 S1002 HDD

mabdulaziz
mabdulaziz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

Hi, 

I've just bought Acer one 10 S1002 with 32GB(eMMC) from Suadi Arabia, but I'm little bit confused as there is a lable on the box stated that it is Acer Switch 10 Junior NT.G53EM.001 and on the back of the keyborad dock, the model is N15P2!!

Anyway my concern is to know if there is a possibility to install an additional internal HDD inside the keyboard dock station!

I would appreciate any and all feedback.

Thank you, Mohammad

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

The SSD is soldered in on the S1002 models, so no upgrades there. I don't know about the dock itself.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mabdulaziz
    mabdulaziz Member Posts: 2 New User

AcerThanks billsey,

Unfortuantuly NOT... I've disassembed it myself, it looks like Acer Switch 10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-Tablets-and-Convertibles/DIY-Replacing-SWITCH-10-HDD/td-p/355956 

Except that the used hardware interface in Acer one S1002 board doesn't inscude HDD interface sockets or adaptert.

BR.

IMG_20151201_214028457.jpg

original.jpg

• ichiro718
    ichiro718 Member Posts: 3 New User
    How do you disassemble the acer one 10?
  • FlyingScot
    FlyingScot Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,
    I've had my Acer 1 10 S1002 for two years and would like to know if I can replace the keyboard dock with one that is used in the model that has a 500GB HDD installed. My keyboard dock is model number N15P2 but it is not possible to install a SDD in this model. Does anyone know where I can buy one and also the controller card for the hard drive. Any help with suppliers, part numbers, model number of keyboard dock etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Sorry, but that doesn't work. The models that were designed to have an optional HDD in the keyboard were designed with a different power budget than the newer machines and won't drive the old keyboard/HDD combos. You should have an SD card slot in that model though, and the microSD cards are decent sized these days. I have a 128GB in my Switch, but 512GB and larger are available. Stay away from no-name vendors who might be selling fake cards!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.