VN7 591 78 SG- no cooling boost, or dust defender options in acer quick access

pjenoy
pjenoy Member Posts: 42 New User

So i was browsing the forums and i believe that the black edition has a special tab that can be found in the quick access tab in regard to dust defender and cooling boost, my dilemma now is that i can't din the said options, i tried reinstalling the acer quick access tab and the power management to no avail, i tried updating it via the acer care center and still no tab for the aforementioned functions. can anyone enlighten me?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

don't worry about chipset drivers update, from windows 8.1 the Intel chipset drivers are just a re-label hardware string; nothing related to the old windows chipset drivers. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• pjenoy
    pjenoy Member Posts: 42 New User

And also, when i try to update the chipset driver in the acer care center, it just downloads the said update and installs it but still no change in the said chipset driver version (10.0.22)

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

don't worry about chipset drivers update, from windows 8.1 the Intel chipset drivers are just a re-label hardware string; nothing related to the old windows chipset drivers. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.