Acer Liquid Z500 fail to instal system update

Girinda
Girinda Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought Acer Liquid Z500 and get update system notification so I download it but when installing update suddenly appear notification like this "INSTALLING UPDATE.... VERIFYING CURRENT SYSTEM.... /SYSTEM/FRAMEWORK/CORE.ODEX HAS UNEXPECTED CONTENTS. UPDATE.ZIP IS NOT CORRECT INSTALLATION ABORTED"
can someone help me to fix this?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Backup your personal data and try a factory reset:
    Settings/backup&reset - factory data reset

Then try to update again.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • vamananking33
    vamananking33 Member Posts: 7 New User
    I did software update then i install it while installing its shows error intalling. Then i reboot my acer liquid z500 is again and again opening recovery mode only. Then i do wipe data factory reset is again and again opening recovery mode only . Bcoz of what ? And why? I bring my mobile to shop they said me to install software. How can i install software need help please?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you can try one thing, if you remeber which version was installed on your Z500:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/5579;-;Z500

select KitKat on operating system, then select OS tab, download the correct image, copy to your microSD, boot to recovery and choose to install update from SD, then select your file.

if it gives you error, you downloaded the wrong version.

Honestly, if you are unsure about your version, give Acer support a call.

http://www.acer.co.id/ac/en/ID/content/service

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • schklaus
    schklaus Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I have the same problem on my new Z530, I can't update from 5.1 but I'm getting the 'new update' notification all the time.

It downloads, and reboots to attempt installation, but then it fails with 'unexpected contents' error detailed above. Can you help me get the update to work?

p.s. i've done factory reset several times to no effect.

• vallyjoe
    vallyjoe Member Posts: 1 New User
    i also have same problem
  • Geraldie
    Geraldie Member Posts: 2 New User
    For the developers of Acer liquid Z500
    Can you update the android version of this?? I want to improve my android version, and I want to download the screen recorder b
  • Geraldie
    Geraldie Member Posts: 2 New User
    For the developers of Acer liquid Z500, can you update the android version of this, I want to download the DU screen recorder, but I can't download the app that's because the android version is isn't compatible and low, so please update the android version of this, thanks☺