VN7 591 78 SG- no cooling boost, or dust defender options in acer quick access

pjenoy
pjenoy Member Posts: 42 New User

So, I was browing in the forums and i read about some cooling boost and dust defender option in the quick access tab, the problem is that in my quick access tab i was not able to see the aforementioned options. Can anybody enlighten me in this regard? Will the cooling boost technology be automatic? and the dust defender? how will i be able to know if it is functioning?

Best Answer

Answers

• pjenoy

Guys? anyone? 

• Pie
    Pie Member Posts: 27 New User

Is that a black edition model?  I think only black edition has cooling boost

• pjenoy

Yes, its the black edition, the problem is that i just can't find the cooling boost or dust defender in my quick access tab, does anyone know a solution for this

• queensbay
    queensbay Member Posts: 8 New User
    Answer ✓

Coolboost and dust defender are only available for the vn7 791G which is the 17 inch version of the laptop, your VN7-591G 15 inch does not came with this feature. No it's not the software problem, if somehow you dont believe me, here is the review of the VN7-591G Black Edition.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/acer-aspire-v-nitro-vn7-591g-black-edition-review-performance-heat-noise-and-page-2

FYI, i owned a VN7-591G

• pjenoy

Aw Smiley Sad okie thanks for the info, seriously, they should change the way they advertise this product. In their sites it says it has cooler boost tech and dust defender haays Smiley Sad they didn't specify it was only available for the 17 inch, if i had known i would have opted for the 17 inch. , well in regards to the link i have the 4720 variant and 960m video card. but still that was a bummer

• pjenoy

Also, i have the newer variant of the 15 incher, it comes with the 4720hq proc and 960m with sshd