Aspire E17 ES1-711-P3LV Keyboard problem

Chester64
Chester64 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

Turned on my laptop this morning and went to type my password only to find that the keyboard is not working,

I've plugged an external keyboard in to investigate and when I look into it in the settings I see this message

Standard PS/2 Keyboard

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Device Timeout}
The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the time-out period expired.

In the events log I see this

Device ACPI\10250939\4&2a2ba6c9&0 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: keyboard.inf
Class Guid: {4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Service: i8042prt
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0xA

I've checked for an updated driver and is says I have the most up to date driver ......help I'm going around in circles.

Best Answer

Answers

• Alfin72
    Alfin72 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Try uninstalling all the drivers under universal serial bus controller in device manager.

Then restart the computer. If that didn't fix the issue try updating the  BIOS.

I see Acer has released a new BIOS that could fix the keyboard issue.

Here is the link to download the BIOS.

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.04_A_A.zip?acerid=635501093269935490&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20ES1-711&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Use the kudos to appreciate the help and mark the answer as solution. So that others could try the same.Man Happy

• Chester64
    Chester64 Member Posts: 2 New User

Updated the BIOS and sorted my problem , great work Alfin72 .......cheers buddy.

• Kalix1
    Kalix1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    This happened to me; and based on my internet searches, it appears to be happening to a lot of Acer customers. Acer is remiss in not pushing this bios update to all relevant systems. My laptop is password protected so it was fun activating the screen keyboard and trying to use voice commands (it sucks) once logged in. I was thinking about updating my e17. Trust, it won't be an Acer next time.
  • Gijsb
    Gijsb Member Posts: 4 New User
    alfin72 You'll probabably never read this. But after 20+ hours of work. After 3 nights of remote desktop sessions by experts. Your answer triggered the solution to my problem. Somehow Acer's bloatware didn't show that my bios needed updating. It solved the issue for i8042prt driver not starting despite having up-to-date drivers. This resulted in my keyboard and mouse not working on my acer aspire V nitro.
    This was the most time consuming IT issue I've ever dealt with in 30+years. Thank you for your post, you made somebody in The Netherlands a happy man.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018
    Gijsb 
    Glad that the issue is resolved. I appreciate all your efforts in fixing the problem. 
    Credits to 
    Alfin72
  • marcycn43
    marcycn43 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Windows 10 Pro ver 1809.  Keyboard sometimes just stops working.  Mouse is locked. Keypad is locked.  Sometimes I can't even get into Task Manager and just have to hit the power switch.  Also, repeat keys are real slow since the last big Microsoft update which I didn't do until three months after it was released.  I see BIOS update is recommended but I get nervous doing that.  I have done everything I can find on the web about the repeat keys with no help.  Locking keyboard is still an intermittent problem.  
  • Meyourim
    Meyourim Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks Alfin72! It helped me alot. I dowloaded a diffrent BIOS tho. You can find your own BIOS for your specific acer on: www.acer.com

• Meyourim
    Meyourim Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks Alfin72! It helped me alot. I dowloaded a diffrent BIOS tho. You can find your own BIOS for your specific acer on: www.acer.com