I have Acer Aspire V5. It keep hanging after 3-5 days and then I have to reload all my apps again.

undubey
undubey Member Posts: 10 New User

My laptop keep hanging within few days. I have to go to reset mode again and again. Is it hardware problem?

Best Answer

• undubey
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your suggestion. Guessing that there is file corruption problem I contacted Microsoft tech support chat and solved the problem. The problem was file corruption after free upgrading to Windows 10 from default OS Windows 8.1.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

please post exact V5 model (V5-xxx) and installed OS version.

as "hanging", can you explain it better?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • undubey

My Laptop is Aspire V5-471PG. Every 3-5 days when I am starting and enter my password at that prompt it starts upto the the desktop screen level and then freezes. Mouse does not work at any icon i.e even if desktop is visible it has no use. Moreover when I press Cntr-Alt-Del it come to task master etc promt and very slowly if somehow I am able to logout then it again goes to password prompt, open upto desktop screen and then again freezes.

Then I push Alt+F10 to reset and then load all my apps again. This way I have reset it 4-5 times.

• undubey

Original my OS was Windows 8.1 and I have a free upgrade to Windows 10.

• IronFly

First of all, i suggest you to create the Acer USB media recovery:

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29925/~/use-acer-erecovery-management-to-restore-your-system-or-create-recovery-media

that issue also appears on windows 8.1?

if it appears on windows 10 only, probably can be some bad driver installed from windows update or some software that you install, i'm more on bad driver side to be honest.

• undubey

At OS Windows 8.1 level my comp became very slow. Then I got message of free upgrade to Windows 10 and on thinking that it will solve my 'extremely slow' problem I upgraded it. But now the given problem happening and I had to resent my computer again and again.

• undubey

In fact it started at Windows 8.1 level and I had to give it to Acer service centre to reload it with factory setting position. After Windows 8.1 was reloaded I upgraded it to Windows 10.

• IronFly

So it's slow even on Windows 8.1?

if so, try to uninstall any antivirus apart windows defender.

then try to perform a checkdisk:

open an Admin command prompt (on windows search type CMD, it will appear Command prompt, right click it and select run as admin)

type

CHKDSK C: /F /R

let it run and report if any error appears.

• undubey

I have no antivirus other that inbuilt with Windows 10. Moreover I am not as tech converstant hence please advise how to go to admin command?

• undubey

Sorry I got it. You have already advised it.

• undubey

Your suggestion has took me to download a software named "RegCure Pro". Scanning in process. Will inform the final status when done. Appreciate your support.

• undubey
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your suggestion. Guessing that there is file corruption problem I contacted Microsoft tech support chat and solved the problem. The problem was file corruption after free upgrading to Windows 10 from default OS Windows 8.1.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Who gave you suggestion to use RegcurePro?  Confusing.  I don't see any suggestion to use RegCurePro in this thread.

• IronFly

he did it by himself. 

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Yeah, I knew you didn't suggest that.  Smiley Happy  I just thought maybe some mystery person had sent him a private message suggesting that.....

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/how-safe-is-regcure-pro/77693962-496f-40cd-aabc-ba5aae583700?auth=1

• undubey

Yes I did it myself thinking it was free. However when they initiated charging I opt out and went to Microsoft Tech Support option for Windiws 10 upgrade and got it fixed by them online through Tech Chat.