Acer Labtop makes tazing (Buzzing sound)

archambault93
archambault93 Member Posts: 1 New User

So my acer labtop makes a tazing (buzzing sound) when i watch videos in vlc or youtube i use iptorrents its a private tracker and is not supposed to have as many virus's due to the fact that the uploaders on the site scan the files before putting them up, ever since i downloaded a movie pack from the site my labtop has been doing this ive also uninstalled vlc and reinstalled it and it still does it if someone could reply and let me know how to fix the problem to get rid of the noise that would be great.

Answers

• Pie
    Pie Member Posts: 27 New User

Hi which laptop is it?  I just got the new vn7 792g and am finding it makes an electrical buzzing sound sometimes.  Does changing your power plan settings make any difference?

I believe it is known as coil whine or coil noise.  If that's what you have then it's nothing to do with viruses or anything, it's inductor coils on the motherboard vibrating depending on what power your cpu or gpu is drawing.

#I'm thinking of talking to acer support about it as it is really quite irritating.