Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

New Acer Aspire E5-573 wifi issues - wifi working intermittently for a minute or two then drops off

I've just purchased an Acer Aspire E5-573 laptop.  The wifi keeps dropping off intermittently, after a minute or two.  All other devices, including two other laptops (Dell, HP - old) are working fine.  I've checked forums here and elsewhere online, this appears to be a huge problem.  Please advise.

FAQ & Answers

• Try rolling back the driver in Device Manager

Then if needed, download the driver and unzio to a new folder on your desktop.

Go to Control panel/ Programs and Features and install the wifi.

Go to Device manager again and you will have a unidentified device. Click on it and search for the driver on your desktop and install it.

If you need to, reinstall the driver the normal way.

• PavementPavement Posts: 3Member

I know this is a bit old, but I had a very similar problem with a similar Acer laptop.    I did all of the driver updates and tried messing around with power settings to no avail.   Based on somebody else's suggetsion I tried disabling WMM in the router and it instantly fixed the problem with the Acer.

I have an Actiontec router and FIOS.  On my router it is under Wireless settings->Advanced security settings->Other Advanced Wireless Options and disable WMM qos and power saving.  I haven't had a chance to research any other impacts, but I'll take having a function wifi connection while I do the research!

Hope this helps somebody.