Acer Aspire Switch 10 (SW3-013) keyboard dock not working

Options
ouideer
ouideer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi,
On Windows 8.1 and on Windows 10 the same issue appeared:
Coming back from sleep mode the keyboard/touch pad/usb stopped working.

After a recovery, it worked again for a while, but then stopped again.

Today I Installed a fresh Windows 10, installed all the drivers, a new BIOS and it worked for a short time. (I even tried to close and open the lid, restarting, etc. it worked!!!) but when it went to sleep, it stopped working again, and I can't make it come back.

I noticed in the Device Manager when I re-connect the keyboard it reappears as an unknown USB device: it must be the keyboard, and this definitely show that this must be a driver error. I tried to update it, but no luck.
Also, I reinstalled the "Platform_Driver _Intel", but that also didn't solve the issue.

Answers

• PonPata
    PonPata Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same, but after reconnecting dock it doesn't work until reboot. Any ideas?

• ltb86
    ltb86 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I'm having this same problem, and aside from the fact that it is incredibly frustrating, when I called Acer they acted like they didn't know this was a problem. I have found numerous references to this issue online, and apairently no replies to the problem on the official forum either.

• Pooka
    Pooka Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I'm also having this problem, exactly as above with the Device Manager showing an unrecognised USB device when the dock isn't working (when working there are 4 devices, when the connection is lost there are three with one of them not recognised).

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Mode Change Indicator programme helped for a little while, but after restarting the problem was back again. It works fine when I first boot up, but the slightest knock to the screen or changing the angle causes it to lose connection.

Just adding to this thread to get notifications in case somebody posts a solution later.

• Honey
    Honey Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I am having problem with the mouse pad it is not working properly it 
    shakes very wiredly so can anybody help me