Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

ES1-111M Stuck on login screen.

Hello all,

So I tried to upgrade my RAM today, I started getting a weird issue with the login screen, so I placed my old ram back but it is still the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhMoFk2vStk

How do I fix this?

FAQ & Answers

• Hello,

Have you tried to load the default settings in the bios utility with the old memory module?

• St3fanNLSt3fanNL Posts: 7Member

Yes I did, the only way it seems to fix is reinstalling Windows 10.

But then again when there's an update it goes back to the problem again.

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,074ACE Trailblazer

try this:
    at boot press ALT+F10 , this will start Acer/windows recovery; if it doesn't start the recovery, use windows 10 installation media, choose your language and keyboard, then click on Repair your pc
    From the Recovery screen
    Click on Troubleshoot.
    Click on Advanced Options.
    Click on Startup Settings.
    Click on Restart.
    The PC will now reboot to the Startup Settings screen.
    Press 4 to Enable Safe Mode as prompted.

once in Safe mode, go to Device manager, click on Display adapters, right click on your VGA and choose uninstall(tick to uninstall software too).

reboot normally and check if black/blank screen is fixed.

probably is an issue on VGA display drivers updated from windows 10 updates.

to try to disable this behaviour:

http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/

I'm not an Acer employee.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.