Acer Iconia w1-810 Windows 10 problem

Options
onframe
onframe Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hey all, so I got this tablet 2 days ago, downloaded oficial windows 10 update and upgraded.

Everything seemed to be working well, but after windows updates and tablet restart touchscreen stopped responding(it works on recovery page and BIOS, but not in windows 10 login), could not get past welcome screen ;/

I tried recovery complete windows reset, but it just failed and now nothing boots up after acer logo.

I have no USB adapter to boot windows instalation from USB, I have 8gb microSD card, but I can't seem to boot from it to reinstal windows, it just won't detect it and I don't see option in BIOS, so is there any way I can instal windows from microSD on this thing? or any other way to get windows reinstalled without buying USB adapter?

Thank you for your answers.

Answers

• onframe
    Options

ok I got myself an USB adapter, flashed windows 10 32bit instalation using rufus  UEFI FAT32

and it doesnt recognize the device, no matter what only option is to boot into windows boot(which is dead...)

should I just get this thing to warranty?I mean doing oficial microsoft update to windows 10 and it also says in acer website it is compatable never expected huge problems like this...

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,979 Trailblazer
    Options

Try building the boot image using the Microsoft tool instead of Rufus.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • onframe
    Options

Same results sadly, tried all 3 different options wwith Rufus and oficial Mirosoft tool also

Maybe anyone had better luck booting USB from BIOS?

I even tried booting from windows DVD, I had USB external DVD drive with it's own power, this is so frustrating...

With clean boot off and any other BIOS option no god **bleep** luck ;/

• FlorencePC
    FlorencePC Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem. after upgrading the windows 8.1 to 10. it juat goes to acer logo when I am truning it on. I can hear the windows souns but the screen is not changing, it got stocked on the acer logo. I got this tablet as a gradation gift from my brother. I hope someone could help us fixing this.

• OnFrame1
    OnFrame1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have to dissapoint you, I figured just to return it to warrantly, they took 1 month for repair, and THEY ACTUALLY REPLACED motherboard because of this, jesus...

So basically if something like this happens there is no way to reinstall windows via bios, it won't recognize any USB...
    My best suggestion is to get your to warranty and then you get it back, don't upgrade to windows 10.