S7 392 9439, Updated to Window 10, Battery not charging, battery reset button not working.

Anh
Anh Member Posts: 4 New User

The title pretty much sums up my situation. My s7 mainboard was dead recently, and I had to send it to repair service, where it got replaced along with the "CABLE DC-IN STORM2" (not sure what this is). After I got it back, the battery worked fine during the window 8.1 period. The problem only appear after i update the OS. I tried reinstalling driver in Device manager, it did not solve the issue. Also checked the BIOS, it was 2.12. I tried to hard reset the laptop using the battery reset button on the back of the laptop, but it did not work.

So any one has any idea what i am facing here and can help me ?
Is this an issue with the back plate and the loose screw on the back of my laptop ?

Also, I am not in US and the warantee has expired so I cannot send it back to repair services. So help me please xD

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

What driver did you install? Was it

ePowerAcerPower Management7.00.810928.3 MB2015/09/16Download

Did you uninstall the old one in Control Panel/Programs and Features first?

• Anh

I just installed the power management. But I havent seen any changes.

I noticed that at 3% power, when I turn the laptop on, with AC charger connected, the battery status changes to "chargin" for a short time (less than 1 minutes). Perhaps it is a software malfunction ?

• philetus

If it worked good before you upgraded to Win 10 then yes it is a software driver problem.

• Anh

I managed to charge the laptop last night. There was no indicator of the laptop being chared at the battery icon, but when I closed the lid, the battery orange LED was on. I left the AC charger plugged in till morning, and the battery level was at 50%.

If it is a driver issue, should I reinstall the OS ?

• philetus

Charging all night and only 50%? It should charge 100% in a few hours.

The cable in dc Storm2 is the power jack and cable inside the laptop.

That makes me curious.

Can you tighten the screw?

If you have or can borrow a multimeter, it would be interesting to find out what the output of the power supply is.It could be a coincidence that the power supply is going bad when you installed Win 10.

Set it on DC and touch black lead to metal outside of the plug that goes into the computer and the red lead ti the pin inside and have it plugged into wall.

If it's good, you could roll back to your previous O/S.Possibly it won't charge good in 8.1 now either.  http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-from-windows-10

• Anh

I sent my laptop to a repair service, recently. I just receive news that the battery is broken. DO you know where I buy a replacement battery?