Upgrade of Network adapter in V5-572P-6858 to one with ac capability. Any suggestions?

Options
jwmsr1
jwmsr1 Member Posts: 3 New User

I want to upgrade my network adapter in my V5-572P-6858 to one with ac capability. Any suggestions?

Current network adapter is Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222.

Thanks!!

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

This guy says:

"Lastly, I installed an Intel Network 7260 HMWWB Centrino WiFi Card AC WiDi Bluetooth from antonline.com in it while I had it open."

Here:http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2584079/fixed-acer-laptop-wifi-stops-working-plug-starts-working-unplug.html

There is no list of what wifi cards will work in which laptops, but this is a good bet.

• jwmsr1
    Options
    Thanks for your quick response Philetus! I will definitely check that 7260 out.
  • philetus
    Options

Did the  7260 HMWWB work?

• jwmsr1
    Options

Well, the ac7260 seems to have worked perfectly in my Acer laptop. Philetus, the link you posted did not take me to the page with the quote you posted, but I was able to do a google search on the quoted text to find that person's experience. Thanks for sharing the info! I downloaded the drivers from Intel website, ran the executables (which I suppose places the driver files where they need to be in order for Windows to find them), then swapped out the old card for the new ac7260 network card. When I booted up it automatically installed the drivers and all seems to be working well! I haven't tested Bluetooth, but WiFi is performing very well. Thank you for posting your suggestion!

• philetus
    Options

That's great. Glad it worked for you.